Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally wanting to get HIDs for my low and hi beams. Have no clue where to look, I know ebay has a bunch of fakes. I saw PPE's set but $150 seems alot or is it? any vendors on here who sell a quality kit?

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I personally got mine from DDM tuning

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
v-leds.com

·
Registered
271 Posts
ddm kits are a hit and miss but the customer service blows. Alot of guys on the cummins forums praise ebay member burkemotopros and the can am kits

ASM kits are nice but they are spendy

·
Registered
243 Posts
got mine from ddm and love em! just expect to get flipped off going thru town... lol

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use to hate them until my ghetto cruzer (02 VW Jetta TDI) I just got had um in them and WOW what a difference.

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Ive literally owned over 8 sets of ddm kits and zero issues

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which kit did you get? I wanted 6000k in lows and 5000k for highs

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
162 Posts
55w 8000k highs, 35w 6000k lows, 35w 5000k fogs....all washes together nicely with all-on mod!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I have DDM hid's in my highs an have had zero issues!!! DDM FTW!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
yea DDM kits arent horrible, they just have poor service
Yea but you have to gmhave issues with their lights to use the service... Three vehicles and no issues!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Retro solutions life time warranty and you get a discount search it I love mine just ordered another set for fog lights yesterday and they already shipped QUALITY you can count on I have 6000k amazing.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ive personally owned over 6 sets of DDM tuning HIDS and know of at least 4 guys running them in their trucks, their cars, and their bikes with no issues ever.

I would recommend them without thinking twice.

As far as color.

5k kelvin scale is the brightest. 55w burns hotter, thus its whiter light. So what that means is that a 6k 55w bulb will appear to be a 5k bulb.
3k bulbs emit a yellow light that works GREAT in winter blizzard conditions, also in heavy rain. I personally run 55w 6k hi beams, 6k 35w low beams and 3k 35w fog lights. Haven't regretted it since.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill take a look at ddms site when I get the energy to walk in the office. Is there a spot to mount the ballast or can you use zip ties?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I literally got some from DDM yesterday, they took a bit to get here (shipped from china), but they work great. I lost a fog light blast that slipped out of it's zip tie.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ive had ddm hids in my truck for over a year with no issues. And ive had 3 other friends that have had them with out issue. Only one of my friends had issues. Im pretty sure it was because when he put a cummins in his truck he had the hood off and we had a rain storm.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i like my bfxenon's but they are a little more pricey as well

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just looked at ddms site but what kit do I get and which bulb also?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just looked at ddms site but what kit do I get and which bulb also?

Id get for the slim ballast...easier to mount...9005 for hi's , 9006 for lows

1 - 20 of 209 Posts