Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my HID kit, but having a hard time trying to find a spot to mount the ballast on the driver side especially since the battery is in the way. Where did y'all end up mounting them? thanks

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I drilled both of mine onto the top of my fuse box lid. On the passenger side i used self tappers and mounted to the side of the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
What year truck? On my 2012 theres enough room behind each light to mount them on the inside of the fender.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Northwest - I was planning on drilling into the fuse box at first but was afraid to do that in case water got into it. Have you had any problems with it like that?

Crossfire - I have a 2010 sierra...the passenger side I just did backyard mechanics and put zip ties around the airbox lol, my biggest trouble is the driver side

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Is it a chevy or gmc? Im not sure how the chevy lights come out (i assume similar to the gmc). But i just took out thr 3 bolts and pull the lights ahead. Tons of room behind them for the ballats to mount onto the fender.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
year of the truck may make it different, but on my '12 and my '15 i used 3M tape and stuck them to the side of the radiator supports on both sides. never had an issue with them falling off using just the tape.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Northwest - I was planning on drilling into the fuse box at first but was afraid to do that in case water got into it. Have you had any problems with it like that?

Crossfire - I have a 2010 sierra...the passenger side I just did backyard mechanics and put zip ties around the airbox lol, my biggest trouble is the driver side
Ive had no issues. Not sure where the water would come from

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just used HD Velcro and stuck them to the side of the grill/radiator support structure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.