Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get your mind out of the gutters...... :rofl:rofl

Seriously though: where did everyone hook in for thier gauges? Ive got a boost, Fuel rail pressure, and EGT on the way.... My EGR is deleted and i just did an up pipe blocking plate. was thinking of drilling into the up pipe for my egt. New sinister intake tube for boost and the FRP gauge probably is pretty easy to hook up.... Where did everyone do thiers? any spots not to? any body have pics or hints or anything?

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Egt is in the passenger side exhaust manifold boost is in the intake elbow just before the grid heater. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
PPE makes a harness for the FRP gauge so its plug and play. worth it. my wires were brittle from the heat and when i tried to splice them they started breaking.

other two what he ^^ said

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
99.9% of people do the pyro in the pass side manifold.

I put my boost tap in the IC hot pipe right out of the turbo. I didnt want to have boost hose running across my engine bay.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats where ill do mine! like that way more!

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
That's exactly where I did mine. Pass side manifold and my boost is right on the hot side pipe right after the turbo. But after seeing dustins polished intercooler piping...I think I'm gonna go polish mine:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys! still havent installed my EGT probe.... just thinking....

Ive got an up pipe blocker plate and i deleted me egr. can i just drill into that blocker plate and still be as accurate? it would be alot easier to do and install.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
It needs to be in the manifold to be as accurate as possible. But, if you just don't want to do that, anything pre-turbo should be adequate.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Few I have seen probed there guys cut the EGR riser off down low. Not probing at the end. I could see it not bring as accurate

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts