Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a egt probe on my 2002 lb7. Where is the best place put it? Should I drill the manifold or just buy a (I think they call them) k-clamp for the exhaust?

·
EFILIVE,y u no DSP5 LML??
1,591 Posts
Drill the manifold. Use the search button and there are many diy threads on how to do it and where to put it. :thumb

·
Registered
54 Posts
Drill in the manifold. Make sure the drill bit is centered if not the egt probe will not go all the way in. After drilling i used a magnet and stuck it in the hole till i got all the shaving out. :gearjamin

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did one today, my second ever. The first one I did was a small probe with no adapter. It was not a 1/8" npt which means it was not tapered therefore had issues with tightness and actually blew out on me. The one I did today was the one that comes with the edge juice programmer. It had an adapter which is a npt thread. With a tapered thread it definatly gets tight as long as you don't cut the threads too deep with the tap. Plus with the adapter you can remove the probe without messing with the threads cut into the manifold. As far as location, use the flat area on the passenger side near the clamp. Just make sure you leave enough space for the manifold bolt to be removed just in case you have to someday. Remove the passenger side wheel well and you are there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts