Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my check engine light came on yesterday and truck was running like junk. borrowed a guy at works scanner and it pulled these codes
p0299 turbo underboost
p1093 maanf cntrl fuel/air metering,auxiliary emmissions controls
p2228 barometric pressure circuit low
any thoughts where to start? i keep thinking maybe a maf? if it was that why would it throw a boost code? i was hoping to maybe get into this myself, but maybe i should just go to the dealer. any help would be great, thanks jim

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would start by changing your fuel filter....the 1093 could be caused by that. What kind of mods are you running and what year is it. We need to know which engine you have to help you out more. As far as the underboost code...could be an air filter...but without knowing what engine you have it is hard to help you out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where2start

i have an 04.5 lly which is stock. i replaced the fuel filter about 10k mi ago w/ a napa fuel filter. i just got a new air filter sun but haven't had time 2 put it in yet, the one currently in it is stock and has about 18k on it, i try 2 change them out at about 15k. i also fueled up 3/4 of tank sun and drove about 25 mi then drove 2 work yesterday about 30mi and almost home i stepped on it to clear a truck coming at an intersection and then about 1/2 mile later the light came on and can't get over 2k rpm.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i had the smae problem and it was just eh fuel filter

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sounds like the same symptoms as when my fuel filter plugged, get it changed first. 15k is pushing it for milage on these filers IMO. With the filters being a 2 micron and no lift pumps on these trucks from the factiory they should be changed every 10k miles at the most IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would the 0299 code turbo underboost be because it read a 1093 code and this puts the ecu into a limp mode? also once i change the fuel filter if it solves the problem will the truck run normally w/ out resetting the ses?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I could I guess, but I don't know for a fact. The code will eventually go away, but if you don't have a reader to clear the codes, you could always just disconnect the batteries for a little while and see if it drops the codes out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
changed the fuel filter and air filter tonight. took it for a test ride seems to be fine now. ses light is still on though, i guess it needs to be reset. fuel filter seemed to have some rust colored junk floating in the fuel i poured out of it, also looked like it had some globs floating in it as well like when oil mixes w/ water only they were at the bottom of the jar i used for the left over fuel, which may have been what was inside the jar to start w/. anyway i will drive it to work tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yah just make sure you keep up on the fuel filter alot of people forget about it and can lead to a lot of problems

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wish i hadn't found out the hard way about the filter change. i figured that a fuel filter should last longer than 10k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
fuel filter

Don't delay changing that fuel filter when the truck starts running bad. I put off doing it and it would not go at all! I got some bad diesel since my husband changed the fuel filter and we put some stuff to put it in the tank and it has been running fine but I think I will have it changed again - I don't want to be left on the side of the road! How do you reset the fuel filter on the computer?
Thanks, Denise

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have steering wheel controls go to fuel filter life and hold the return arrow looking button bottom right hand side till it clears, if you dont have steering controls turn the key to on position and fully depress the brake and accelerator at same time and hold it takes about 15-20 seconds and it will reset

1 - 12 of 12 Posts