·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in school still seems like it happened yesterday

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was on a field trip in the 4th grade. As soon as we heard we were sent home. I remember it like it was yesterday and will never forget it. God bless The police and fire men that lost There life saving others and god bless our military. God bless the USA!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
421 Posts
i was in the hospital recovering after a motorcycle accident. they had just amputated half my right foot, and did some plastic surgery. was lying in the bed watching tv, and the special report came on. saw the video of the second plane hitting the second tower live.

·
Registered
731 Posts
9th grade science class. I can remember watching it live and seeing people jumping out of the windows. Horrible tragedy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was in English class my Junior year in HS.

I will never forget that day!

I had planned on joining the Marines after high school, but as soon as 9/11 happened I got in touch with a National Guard recruiter and swore in 27 Dec 2001.

NEVER FORGET!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Wow, didn't realize the youngin's we had here. It just makes me feel even older. (I'm not that old either)

I was in kunsan ab, south korea at the bowling alley. The tvs were on, but we couldn't hear anything. We though it was a movie until they turned the music off and we heard it was cnn. I saw the second plane hit the second tower. I was less than a month from finishing my one year tour in korea. After that happened we didn't know if we were going to be allowed to rotate to our next base.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I was in my second grade class. My mom came and got me and the neighbor kid (who always lied) said that crazy people were crashing planes into buildings so we get to go home. I didn't believe her. I thought I was going to the doctor.
One of the few things I remember from second grade. I hated that year for some reason.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Within a hour after they were attacked I was standing on the beach with my M-16 waiting on a L-cat in NC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was in 3rd Grade, and we were in class and didn't know what the teachers where all talking for. All the teachers were watching it on tv, and we didn't think anything about it because we were little. When we went to music class the teacher didn't make us sing, we just sat there and watched the news. We watched the second plane hit and the towers fall on live tv, and my music teacher started crying. I didn't know what was going on until my mom explained it to me. It seems like yesterday..I'll never forget that day or the troops that have fought for our freedom. My older brother has served a tour in Iraq and leaves next week for Afghanistan.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Moved from CT just nine months earlier. I was still a cop at the time and just finished my 6pm to 6am shift. Came in, kiss the wife "good night" and went to sleep. Wife called and woke me up, said to go turn on the TV the World Trade Center was on fire and a plane hit it. Watch the second plane hit live on TV while on the phone with my mother (from Brooklyn, NY). At that point I new things would never be the same. Got a call from the PD later that day and went back to work at 6pm. This event was our generation's Pearl Harbor. I will never forget. God Bless all those whose lost love ones that day, the men and women in uniform, and the USA!

·
Registered
116 Posts
home sick junior year of hs........
heard about it on the radio when i woke up and thought it was some small cessna or something similar...............boy was i wrong.............watched tv coverage all day

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Wow, didn't realize the youngin's we had here. It just makes me feel even older. (I'm not that old either)
I think I was that young when the challenger crashed... Remember that?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was in Sao Paulo, Brazil learning Portuguese. A couple of guys came in and said that the U.S. had been bombed. I didn't actually see the footage until I returned home.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sitting in my Sophomore English class when my History teacher comes busting through a set of double doors pushing a TV on one of those rolling carts. Turns the tv on and a few minutes later the second plane hits.

Will never forget.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
6th grade, history class. We had a sub that day and we were in the library. There wasnt cable at my middle school so noone really knew what was going on. Kids parents just started coming in and picking them up from school. I didnt see any footage until I got home on the bus that day..

My dad was in Quebec hunting caribou at the time. Had a hell of a time getting back in to the country with high powered rifles a week later. He was supposed to be home the 13th.

Remember it like it was yesterday..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was a junior in college at Maine Maritime Academy. I was walking back from class and passed a girl who said "A plane hit the towers". I asked "What towers?" . " The twin towers in New York". So I then headed to the snack bar by the mess deck since it was the closest TV I knew of. I walked in and joined others watching as the news reported on the first tower. We all then watched as the second plane hit the second tower.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts