Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Just noticed the site, but doesn't look like much is going on. Any high performance crazys here.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im slowly working on it. Ordered the juice, and plan on getting and intake and exhaust kit. I have to do it slowly because of the money with my wife.
John

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your driving a duramax, I'd skip the intake. Many tests show the factory filter is far superior to the aftermarket ones. Dyno #'s show they also don't help until HP gets over 500 or so. I'm still running my stock muffler/exhaust, so there's some more money you can save, unless you like the sound that is.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking to into hauling classic cars. So Iam doing my research. And seeing what you guys have for tips,ideas andwhat performance parts actually work and what does not. I was a diesel wrench for 5 yrs. So I am that wet behind the ears. kelly

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want just some extra power for towing there is alot of options. You can either get a box and a set of gauges or a box that comes with a digital gauge. I like the van Aaken box the best if you are going to do the analog style gauges. If you want the digital I like the Edge W / Attitude. That would get you a pretty good start :ar15

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Banks products work but you can get ALOT more for alot less money by going with other products. PM me if you would like some more info.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Banks is just an overpriced name with cheep performance, and as for the intakes there are lots of guy making close to and over 500 rwhp on the stock setup and the oiled filters like a k&n and others will cause you nothing but problems with your maf sensor so the coin can be better spent on something like a boost increaser or gauges, imo!

Later
Caleb

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah im gonna try it again on the 1st because im about to leave for vacation. When I get back, Ill take some pics of the setup and post them and yall tell me what you think.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
Holy ancient thread batman!!!!
I read the original post and had to look at the post date. We have come a long way

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
wow :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The origins of......

IDAHOROB !!!!!

:rof

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
holy cow this is old. thought that we were going to start getting more post in this section. guess not:mad:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was wondering what the heck was going on. I now see the date it was started.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW, this is an oldie. I was running twins at the time (04 LLY) and in the 12's with factory exhaust (without the CAT).

4 years ago 12's was really moving, lol.

Think that was one of the first posts in the performance section.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
hahahhahha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts