Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this on the 2011 non powertrain with no luck... I'll try it here.
I have searched all the post's and am looking for a little more feedback before I pull the trigger..
It's pretty much down to cognito or cst. I m leaning toward cst because it does not increase the front track width and because its a true 8" kit, no cranking the torsion bars.
I would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Both are good kits. Instead of looking at the size of the lift start with the tire and rim setup you want to run then pick the proper lift for the truck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be running 37-13.50 tires on 24x11 wheels.
Cst is saying the way the cognito doesn't drop the torsions actually decreases suspension travel... Does anyone know if this is true?
Any feedback would be great, I'm ordering one of them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
With the tire/wheel package you have listed, the Cognito will be set to an optimal stance. There are manufactures that produce a NTBD lift where the location of the front torsion is not optimal and has less travel then a TBD lift. Cognito has many R&D hours in making sure that the location is correct. As long as the compression or drop out of the NTBD suspension are not in question, you will not have an issue. Even a TBD lift has the compression stop relocated to either the cross member or torsion bar bracket changing from the factory location. Below is a video for you to check out, even though its not the same year, it will be comparable to what your looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts