Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide on which convertor to buy.. i do have STOCK clutches though. i was leaning toward the precision ml? also will this help me with higher hp numbers? if so, how much?
Thanks!
Heath

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
hmm i would buy clutches as well

but go with the presicion
its the best for the price :drink

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
You are wasting your time only replacing the converter. That will only let you find the next weakest link, which is the clutches. A converter by itself does nothing for increasing line pressure either.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
A converter wont help a stock trans. So save your pennies and build it.

For a stock turbo truck the 1058 SC or Precision ML are nice converters.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
You are wasting your time only replacing the converter. That will only let you find the next weakest link, which is the clutches. A converter by itself does nothing for increasing line pressure either.
agree 100%.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
I have mixed opinions on this. If you never limped your trans it might be as good idea to get a transgo kit and a converter.

I was thinking about getting a transgo jr and a converter.. See how that would hold up :cool:
you can do a transgo jr but the OP cant.

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
What are your plans for the truck? I also agree with doing a entire trans rebuild. If you get a new converter and junk the clutches you take a chance of contaminating the converter and then you would have to have it refreshed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What he said^^^. I would not pull the trans to just put the conv. in and not build it while its out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts