Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought an 05 chevy lly this is my first diesel truck and i love it!! But ive always wanted a truck that will blow the awesome diesel smoke :fart and sound awesome as well what are some programmer and exhaust choices that can make this possible without destroyin my stock ally tranny

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i would recommend the MBRP and Silverline for the exhaust and if you want some serious nouse under throttle go with a 5" T/B but if you want a nice tone but still sound like the factory diesel then go with a 4" T/B,and for the programmers i would highly recommend the PPE products but if you want the best for the bang go with the Diablo sport.if you don't want to ruin the tranny don't add more then 90 extra hp and have 100hp as your max..check with the vendors for prices..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks im gonna go with the PPE and i think im gonna run a 5" T/B straight pipe are there any companies that make one that doesnt cost a fortune?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
right now i'm runnin a 5" T/B aluminized magnaflow and i regret not spending the extra for the SS(stainless steel)check with the sponsors on this site and on ebay,now i'll get shot for mentioning ebay..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a question about the PPE, if i buy the PPE xcelerator and later down the road and after other mods i decide that the extra 200hp that it gives isnt enough can tunes from the xcelerator hot be downloaded to mine or should i dish out the extra $ and get the hot now? also if i got the bully dog shift enhancer what is the highest tune i would be able to run?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
yes you can upgrade the xcellerator from the economy to what ever you want or up the 350hp one.with the BD shift enhancer like i had and the same you plan on getting i still would't run more then 125hp extra,the reson i say that is you'll still have the same torque converter and clutches and you don't want to do a bigger trasnny then you don't want to limp or else you'll almost have to run a built tranny so if you want to do it right buy a stage 2 tranny kit roughly $2k but is well worth it if you are runnin 400rwhp and more and if you plan on going all the way buy the stage 4 with the 1057 converter.. Transmission : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies
ps i had the ppe hot et 2 on the stock tranny with the enhancer but it didn't take the tranny long for it to be in the blowing apart stage,you can run 200hp to 250hp extra for a awhile but it will do internal damage along the way and cut down on tranny life..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
not a problem..
wish me luck tomorrow because it will be my first time down the track with a sled behind my dually,man am i excited but scared to death due to the fact i don't want anyting to break..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck!! i think your truck will hold up just fine and let me know how you do

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you did really good... got a full pull your first time :rockin i bet you were happy as heck

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it was awesome and to think the only trucks that beat us were super modded diesels and 5ofem didn't even have plates on them so they weren't street legal trucks..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i was a bit close for comfort after they found out i was just runnin a $850 programmer and i didn't even have the chip stacked seeing it was adding to much timming..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
PPE can build some good power with out requireing a lot of work to get teh tunes to work for you. And, with a properly built transmission, you can use it!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i was gonna order the 5" mbrp t/b and a ppe this week until sunday when my truck burnt up..:mad:

heres the story..i decided i was gonna go meet my uncle and hang out with him.well he has a dmax too so we decided we were gonna go drive on some of his old farm roads and go shoot some skeet..so we went and played in some mud then went to a field and started shootin skeet..our trucks were about 50 yds or so behind us and i looked back and saw smoke comin from my truck so i took off runnin up there and the whole inside of my truck was on fire we had nothin to put it out with..so we called one of my other uncles who is a volunteer fireman.. he made it out there about 45 mins later and he got it all put out but there wasnt much left..we had the cops come out there to file a report and then had it taken to my uncles barn..i met the insurance guy out there on tuesday and he said it was totalled which was pretty obvious but i have full coverage so i am getting another truck i just dont know what i want...o ya who ever had the truck before me had a system in it and when they traded it in they took the system out but not all the wires thats what caused the fire..i just cant believe it :mad:

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
That sucks!! I wonder if there is something that you can do to go back on the dealer or that person that pulled the system out? That would really piss me off.....raise my insurance rates and it wouldn't be my fault. Keep us up to date on what you do and get.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the insurance told me that my rate wont raise because its not my fault since i wasnt the one who installed it but ya i am really pissed but at least they covered it..my insurance is paying for my rental its an 06 dodge 2500 4X4quadcab short bed w/ a cummins i kinda like it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts