Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently plow with "farm rig" but next year we will be doing a lot more plowing and I need one for my DMax. AI'm looking for a 7.5" or so V plow that either has high clearance or I can take the mount off easily in the warmer month keeping my fog lights and ground clearance.

Any suggestions?

·
I want twins!
404 Posts
I'm a Big fan of the Western Ultra Mount plows. When summer comes pull the pin on each ear that holds the plow and its gone. Not sure if the offer a V plow that small but worth a look if you want. Why do you go with the 7.5 footer?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
i run a 10ft western ultra mount i love that damn thing

those v-plows have alot of problems just so you know, know a few buddies that have them and i work on them

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops I meant 8'2"

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
V plows arent really worth it unless you do alot of driveways or narrow places heard more bad than good. Western-Boss-Fisher. Its preference, like dodge ,ford or Chevy/Gmc. Fisher is probrobly the strongest, but heaviest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ive got a hiniker v plow and i like it alot. its nice to be able to scoop with it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I love my boss 8'2" poly vee. this thing is tough. has plowed 40 accounts every year Since 2002. Its been on my diesel since it was new and another 3/4 ton of my dads before this truck. Plow is still in great shape and has made ALOT of money. Its super easy to put on and off. 15 seconds tops. The v plow is the way to go for doing residential. you can actually carry a blade full of snow and put it where you want it. also your not chasing damn windrows all night like a straight blade. You can also v it for going down the road or opening up a drive with ALOT of snow in it. v plows, atleast boss's, dont break any more then a straight blade. I would never own another straight blade period.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I'd go with the fisher extreme vee. It has a stainless steel blade which cuts down on weight and the vee makes it real easy to stack snow and like said in an earlier post cuts down on plowing time chasing wind rows. Wish I had gone with one originally but didn't have the money at the time. I have the fisher minute mount 2 straight blade, it has the same mounting system which takes about 30 seconds to hook up which is another plus

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
V plows dont have alot of problems unless you buy junk western plows. western plow mounts hang so low they hit alot of stuff. Fisher and boss are the strongest plows out there. boss plows are really heavy tho

·
Registered
731 Posts
I sure as hell wouldnt want my boss any lighter then it is now. They arent that heavy but the weight they do have helps you with cutting down to the asphalt and back dragging. My truck barely squats with no weight in the back and my bars arent all the way up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Fisher all the way. Just pull one lever and the plow comes off, lights and all. The mounts go where the factory tow hooks are to give you the most ground clearance. They are a little more expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
running a hinkiker V 8'2" for 3 years dad used to have 4 plow trucks then he sold business this one he said is by far the best set up hes had.

my complaint when plow is off i hit stuff with mount like rocks and curbs:drink

·
the lawn man
1,450 Posts
what plow dealers are close top you i run 4 western 8'6" straight blades two meyer 9 footers and for my d-max for next year im looking at a boss 9'2 vee xt with wings :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
My dad just bought anew boss 8.2 v xt and its bad ass!

Running down the road with a 9.2 v with wings would be interesting. They would put you at 11 feet.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i own all the different makes of plows well the major brands. and western by far is the crappiest design plow next to meyers

·
the lawn man
1,450 Posts
My dad just bought anew boss 8.2 v xt and its bad ass!

Running down the road with a 9.2 v with wings would be interesting. They would put you at 11 feet.
ahahah i would take the wings off from lot to lot during the day :cool: we do some very very large lots and i think they would really help out alot:rockin

·
Registered
147 Posts
i love my 8.5ft wester v-plow!!! i have the heavy duty contractors one which is alil heavier but my 2500 holds it perfectly!!!! works awsome isnt twitchy like other v-plows ive used. the mounts(push plates) dont require cutting the bumper or valence and you can hook it up or take it off in 2min by urself.......

·
Registered
532 Posts
boss plows are really nice. Really easy to hook up to. I hate how most the westerns lights stay on the truck even once you take off the plow

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
A lot of the negative remarks on the plows are guys that don't know how to run them. They are all pretty damn good theese days. Not a thing wrong with a v-plow. Also westerns do not hang any lower then the rest probably the least, and you can easily remove the mounts for non plowing trips. But if you truly want to move some big amounts of snow get a blizzrd power plow.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.