Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...YES I did use the SEARCH function.....but all I got back were a couple different threads where people argued, and that was it. SO...my question is.....what is the difference between the 2 precision converters? Precision of NH and the other one? Is one def. better than the other? Why? Please...I don't want any arguing, or I have one and I love it...I want to know the actual/factual differences/etc... Can anyone answer them for me?? And what is the cost difference?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I took it the ML was the best since it was designed by Mike L. at Inglewood transmissions. I do not know the actrual differences

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the wife told me to pay off my school loan this month, which I did...and now she said save up as much as you can as fast as you can and get your tranny done....which will probably take me about 2-4 months for the flo'....so I'm doin my research! I just dont' know whether to go with a Precision, suncoast 1056, etc..... Also trying to figure out if a C3 oiler is worth it.....I just really want to do it right the first time and not miss anything....any advice?

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Either way you wont be disappointed. I have no complaints with my 1054. Since you don't drag race or sled pull it really doesn't matter. Either one will be better than stock.

Whos gonna build it?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Precision Ind in TN has been in the converter areana for a very long time. They supply a bunch of converter manufactures parts also. They have been building high performance racing converters for drag cars, etc.

Many happy allison customers are using their converters.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The closest person to me is George (big dipper) in MD that I know of....unless you know of someone closer?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to make sure that the person installing my transmission has had a decent amount of experience with them. I was told that certain people know tricks that help it hold more power, etc... And as far as tranny builders go, I was told that George is a good one who is the closest to me....other than him the only other guy I know of is in North Carolina.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The closest person to me is George (big dipper) in MD that I know of....unless you know of someone closer?
He's the closest one I can think of. Beech just had his done there this past weekend. He sounded very pleased.

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So basically with the typical Alto clutch pack for a stage 4, C3 oiler, Precision converter (NOT NH), deep pan, etc.... I should be fine?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Call George and talk to him. Listen to your builder as he will know more about what you need for your driving habits and what you are doing with your truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts