Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Bought a 07 LBZ 4x4 and its my first Diesel. :rockin
It has a Bully Dog RFI Intake and thats the only mods.
Truck has 67,000 miles has 285's

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, so what should be done first Exhaust or programer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Exhaust for sure. It is cheaper and when you do get the programmer you will be able to keep your EGT's down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With my LBZ, Which type exhaust or brand and will it throw codes?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I don't think you'll throw any codes, diamond eye, mbrp, silverline, they're all kindanthe same in my opinion. Aluminized steel is fine. .02

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One last thing will i have any problems with inspections. In Louisiana in the parish that I am in they plug the truck into a computer for emission test.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
If you don't have any cels, you should be good. Do they do a "snap test" down there?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any cels?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Cel=check engine light.

I don't think straight piping a lbz will throw any codes, but I'm not sure, hopefully so done can chime in and verify.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am picking my truck up friday and have about a 300 mile trip back. Then im going to find a local shop to put the pipes on and probably go head and order a tuner, i'm liking the Edge Evolution as of right now, then looking in to a in-dash dvd. Easy spend money on these trucks im learning but its a addicting!!! :):D:)

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's everything I can do to not spend, spend spend! Congrats on the truck!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So the Exhaust turbo back or just put a High flow muffler, I have been talking to some shops and getting mix messages! What the impact or both or is there another system?

·
2500HD Club Member
1,500 Posts
Do the whole exhaust, just a high flow muffler wont do much on the stock exhaust

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you have to "Fingers Stick" and Blocker plate to get the codes strait? Btw pictures coming soon of the Truck!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
factory truck has either a 3 or 3.5 pipe need at least a 4 to really get the power rollin. good luck on the downpipe i didnt replace mine bc i was told it would require lifting the cab off the frame and that sounded too much like work lol.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
good luck on the downpipe i didnt replace mine bc i was told it would require lifting the cab off the frame
who told you that? :rof

it's not a easy install, but you certainly don't need to take the cab of the truck dude.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i found someone who will put a turbo back on and take the cat(i think out) for under 300.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts