Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the diablo predator defuel like the ppe between shifts to save the trans?Both programmer look like nice pieces.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't think it is so much in their programming to defuel during the shifts as it is in the stock tuning that defuels the shifts. Using a programmer will make this more apparent since it only modifys the stock parameters. I believe you need a programmer (chip) like the Edge or Banks to make more of a defuel or not to defuel at all. I have a TST Powermax and it still defuels between shifts and it doesn't monitor the trans.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi my name is Braxton and iam 16 and i have a 06LLY with the sixspeed allison and i run the PPE and have never had a problem with it except once my transmission made a pop and a jerk and the check engine light came on. i cleared the programmer and the light went off ande not had trouble since

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The diablo is a nice programmer, and about half the price of teh PPE. Now, I am not positive, but I think the PPE and Bully Dog are pretty similar. I know the Bully dog runs pretty good. The PPE is crazy if you crank it up with the HOT version.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I programmed my LBZ today with the PPE I just got in. I bought the standard unit and it will defuel unless you change the program to not defuel. While setting up the tune, a disclamer comes up and says you risk the possibility of damage to the tranny if you choose to not defuel. The PPE is a really nice unit with a lot of custom tune settings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Last week I took out my "Hyperpac" due to defueling and the shifts were horrible. Replaced it wit the Edge Evo and lovin it so far. Only downside with the Evo is no shifting power levels on the fly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the bully dog system and love it. Had edge and didnt like it. Dont know it your truck...........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have any Tranny upgrades? I hear the Crazy Larry is alot more horses(dont know exact #). I think the Evo is tearin my tranny up. I started gettin a loud ticking sound at idle and it sounds like its gettin louder and more consistent. And now I cant tell if its defueling at WOT, or its the tranny slippin. I think I am just gonna sell both programmers and go EFI Live. I'm tired of playin around!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I Dont Have Any Problems With Mine Maybe Im Luck I Dont Know. I Like It, What Is This Efi Live.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I programmed my LBZ today with the PPE I just got in. I bought the standard unit and it will defuel unless you change the program to not defuel. While setting up the tune, a disclamer comes up and says you risk the possibility of damage to the tranny if you choose to not defuel. The PPE is a really nice unit with a lot of custom tune settings.
I don't recall seeing that message on my Xcellerator when I downloaded the program. i have mine on the 2nd setting and the defuel isnt that bad but it does get annoying at times. Does the tuner alow you to change to NOT defuel?

Thanx

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't recall seeing that message on my Xcellerator when I downloaded the program. i have mine on the 2nd setting and the defuel isnt that bad but it does get annoying at times. Does the tuner alow you to change to NOT defuel?

Thanx
While I was setting my tune specs, I saw a No-Defueling option in the custom changes menu. I didn't change mine so I can't be positive if it actually works or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problem. If you change yours, let me know how it works for you. I tow a 5th wheel occasionally, don't want to stress the tranny any more then I have too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't believe EFI live is available for the LBZ yet. I may be wrong.
Thats a big 10-4 buddy. Here, I got ya the website
http://www.efilive.com/
Courtesy of Diesel Pilot from dieselplace.com (Thats where I hangout too)
EFI Live is the single geatest thing that has ever happened to GM V8 gas and diesel vehicles.

You can have total control over every aspect of the engine. If there is something you don't like, you can change it. If you need more power down low and not that much up high, you can make it happen. If you have an LLY or LBZ and tow, you can change the boost to bring the EGT's down. You can improve mileage and power at the same time. If you like smoke, you can build a smoke tune that will cover a 4 lane highway, or you can build a 450 hp tune that hardly smokes at all.

Basically, EFI Live is the ultimate tuners dream.
It is the Top Dog. After my truck gets out the shop, its on!!:gearjamin

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for givin me the website. I'll check er out thank ya

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
EFI live is the best but ppe works great

I have a lly and lbz,and on the 05 lly i put the ppe hot et 2 and the results r amazing the defueler works nice.on the 06 lbz i have the ppe hot the fuel mileage is awesome on the lly i gained 6 miles a gallon and on the lbz i gained 4 miles a gallon.the efi live does have better hp results but on the fuel mileage is similar.and the efi live is avalible for all duramaxs http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/efilive.htm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts