Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

Newest guy in the diesel ranks trying to learn about the bully dog that came with my used 01 dmax. Tryin figure out what to set it to for best economy?? I know their are alot of different schools of thought here. Also, will the extreme setting tear up the crankcase if I am light on the pedal/responsible?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Extreme should be fine. I ran line on that and got the best mileage. I averaged 20 highway with my lift and tires.

Sent from my HTC EVO.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
When I towed our toy hauler I just put it on the tow tune and that's it. I was pleased with the mileage I got with it.

Sent from my HTC EVO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other question: is there a fail safe built into the bully dog or truck somewhere that will restrict the motor if the exhaust gets too hot?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
what do u mean exhaust gets to hot it will not melt ......you talking about your exhaust gas temp ??????and there might be a limit like a backdown setting edge has a little alarm but go ahead and get efi i have flat footed my truck at 110 hp tune and not seen 1200

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
but anything over 1300 is not good .....at all

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
im not running my truck at 1300 degrees ....not a chance in hell

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
well budddyyy i dont think ive ever seen 1500 but i dont really stare at it when im floored driving threw trafffic

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
now ur mocking me ? and i no that i ahve never been that hi but since you ride with me in my truck and like to hijack the op thread then its cool

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I think your egt gauge is broken with twins and 35s I get rite over the 1300 at the end ofthe quarter. No way your truck is staying that cool When i had the stck turbo I would see 1800 in 1/4 runs
Hes talking about his EGTs on a 110hp tune...they shouldnt be that high with that small of a tune..

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not hijacking just clarifying. Chill out man

I ran my bully dog on extreme, stayed out of it and got pretty good mileage. But whenever you can I would upgrade.

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can set it up to whatever temp you want. So the answer is yes. I want to say I have mine set to 1600

1 - 20 of 25 Posts