Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04.5 gmc that I am wanting to get new tires for in either a 20 or 22 but am a little lost on what tire will give me good wear. The truck will be leveled so I will probably just run a 33" tire

·
Registered
95 Posts
What type tire are you looking for? MT or AT?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'd go with a 20" if i were you.. A 22" looks out of place until you get up to big boy sizes like 35s or 37"s in my personal opinion. 20" can still pull off 33s, however looks banging w/ 35s. But it's just a matter of personal preference when it comes down to it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also think the more sidewall the better, gives it more of a meaty look. Plus your tires will be cheaper w the smaller wheels.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I want my truck to make more power in the future and I am concerned how a 6" zone lift would make that feel on 35"s. I was thinking of running a platinum level kit from Nor-Cal Nick on 33"s. My wheel choices are XD Diesels or RBP 96R's (both in all black).

I like the aggressive look of a mud terrain but i do a lot of city driving and feel like i would get short tread life

·
Registered
784 Posts
Toyo open country mud terrains- great tread life especially for a mud tire-

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Options:

Nitto Trail Grapplers
Toyo Open Country M/T
Cooper Zeon LTZ
BFG All Terrain

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't get the BFG A/Ts. They suck in the loose pack stuff like sand and gravel. Found that out the hard way on my old truck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just put a set of 305/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my truck and I love them so far. Haven't really had them on anything other than the highway (yet) but they ride a lot quieter and 1000% smoother than my KM2s did. Unfortunately the 18" wheel size and the aspect ratio of the tire I went with meant paying out the @$$ for them. But hey, ya gotta pay to play. Right?

-Eric

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's a picture incase you were interested. I have lowered the truck another inch since this photo was taken.

-Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
i had a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers they were the most god aweful tire i ever brought, about 15000 miles they would vibrate, had them trued up still virbrate.
i wont buy another set of them

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would go with the Cooper Zeon LTZ. For me it was between them and the Terra Grappler, and the only reason I went with Terra Grappler was because they had them in stock. Not that there is anything wrong with either tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts