Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so here are my options. I want some advice on which would be the best. Thanks fellows.

Option 1 SunCoast 1056 Converter - $1295* SHIPPED

Option 2 Precision "ML" 303-218-3 Converter - $1039* SHIPPED

*$300 refundable core charge not included

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have never really been happy with the Precision TQ. A buddy has the same tranny and the Suncoast 1057 in a 5 speed. His shifts like a mild turbo 350. Ours shifts like a turbo 350 with 250,000 miles on it.

Side note the TQ has been felling very soft for a while. And tonight it let go. So now I'm looking into options too.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
precision ml converter you can't go wrong with , also make sure you are talking about precision converters in whiteville tenn. and not someone else , if you had one of their converters let go send it to them and i know they will make it good if its a failed product!! Also i currently run this converter and it is the Bomb!!!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
This is who you need to talk with. Not telling you to buy if from him.
Inglewood Transmission Service - 714 870 7300 - Mike Lovrich owner/tech.
Suncoast, Precision, PPE, ATS dealer.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
yep and he is gonna tell you his converter!!

ml = mike L

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had Merchant build us a tranny maybe 4 years ago. And installed a Precision TQ. He said it was something new and people were impressed with it over the 1057.

It is a purple one:confused:

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
i don't think thats the same converter but of course mine is from ppe so its white (precision built for ppe and mike L's knowledge)

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wanna hear if anyone has actually had issues with one of these!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will have to call Eric to see what is up.

Never raced. Wife driven.:D

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
beat on mine all the time and hadn't failed one time!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is the ML.
I dont know. I'll call Eric on monday to find out for shure. Ours is purple and it sound like the ML is white. Was the ML out about four years ago?

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just got my ML converter and it's black. Did I not get the right one? It was shipped to me from somewhere in Tennessee.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just got my ML converter and it's black. Did I not get the right one? It was shipped to me from somewhere in Tennessee.
Merchant wants his black with his name on it and PPE wants their white with their name on it. I like mine pink with no name on it.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
Seems it's ok to say things about me when you don't know me, but when I call you on your bs you seem to think I'm an asshole. Sorry Richard.
sorry for the mis-info , secondly i didn't say you were an asshole that came out of your mouth, and i was being sarcastic with my comment. Lastly no i don't know you very well but i was trying to promote something you had a hand in , furthermore why does it matter,you definatley don't know me cause your callin me Richard. oh and by the way when i talk to on the phone those few times that i have you came off a little nicer:eek:, why don't we just let this go :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts