Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered in a 5" Downpipe back MBRP exhaust. I need to order in a tuner for it because its a DPF and cat delete. What is the best tuner to pair with the exhaust ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Efi Live, and i wont be the last to say that.

Good luck, lots of vendors on here that can help

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, is it worth it to do an egr delete at the same time ?? Is it alright to leave urea track in ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you have urea your truck is a lml and you cant efi live for them yet, well dont quote me on that I think they have it just not for the public yet get a H&S mini maxx race tuner and you have to buy a unlock code do delete the dpf

·
Registered
99 Posts
From the looks of your profile it appears that you have a LML gmc
Efi Live is not yet availible for your truck so you are going to have to look at different options, im not all up to date on LML shenanigans so someone else is gonna have to give you a hand,

Fill out your signature under your User Cp, that will help us answer your questions based on the truck you have.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it's an LML . Guess I shoulda mentioned that haha my bad! Truck is a 2012 Sierra 2500HD LML

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
H&S seems to be about the most common and best for the LML rigs. I think with the H&S you can get rid of the Urea tank and I know the DPF can go. Realistically with the H&S you can straight pipe it and let it go.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like i said im not all up to date on LML but wasnt H&S DPF Delete tuning shut down by the EPA so i dont know if you are still able to buy that?

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Most any of that major tuning was shut down by the EPA, personally I would wait to do it and follow up with a thread Kory has on here about some new tuning software for the LMLs that is making use of the EFI Live upload tools to actually push the tunes to the ECM. They are making some nice gains with what ever the core software is. But also emissions are different for each state so I guess it matters where he is if he will be able to skirt the legal aspect of it.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the looks of their website you can buy the unlock code for the dpf egr delete. They now have a disclaimer saying strictly close course and offroad only pretty much. Im from northern BC. Pretty much every diesel is straight piped lol

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not even in the states. BC, Canada and a small northern town. Noone cares how loud, obnoxious or how much smoke your rig blows.

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Problem solved then...rip that shit out of there and listen to that 5" rumble :) haha

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im still interested to see about this EFI live thread you were talking about. Do you have a link to the thread ? and also with my AFE intake, MBRP " down pipe back, 3" turbo dowpipe and tuner do you suggest building up anything else ? i dont plan on driving crazy and beating the piss out of the motor but i dont want it to blow up lol

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Motorwise you should be fine, you might look at a little something in the trans area though if you start throwing too much power at it. Something simple like a TransGo kit would help you hold some of that new found power that a tuner brings on and just prolong a full on build. Otherwise I will do some looking but I think I remember seeing the thread either in the EFI section or the LML performance section...I will look around and let you know.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the thread! and thanks for the tips both of you. Will look into that trans go kit and will probably stay at that. Not planning to build it up too much yet, will just stick with the intake and exhaust for now.

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
Yep thats the one, and as I stated before Jeff and as the thread states the tuning is not done with EFI Live its only the install process of actually pushing the tunes to the ECM otherwise the tuning is done with a different software. You are correct though, EFI Live has not changed their stand point to allow tuning with their software.

·
Registered
99 Posts
do some research but I think the stock intakes are good up to like 500hp or something crazy so unless your looking for a cooler look or crazy hp your stock intake should be fine, I don't think the mpg gains will be overly significant either but just do your research, this website has a TON of great information with a lot of guys way smarter than I, so do some reading!:thumb

·
Most Known Unknown
29,698 Posts
E.F.I. L-I-V-E, never gonna happen
Yep thats the one, and as I stated before Jeff and as the thread states the tuning is not done with EFI Live its only the install process of actually pushing the tunes to the ECM otherwise the tuning is done with a different software. You are correct though, EFI Live has not changed their stand point to allow tuning with their software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtqEknAtyQQ

skip to 4:48 :rofl :rofl :rofl

1 - 20 of 20 Posts