Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock DEF equipped 2014 3500HD.
it’s a CC/DRW 4x4.
I want to delete the DEF system but I know the epa has tied everyone’s hands. Mainly looking for mpg. It has plenty power ( I know you can’t have too much)
Should I just tune it and keep the DEF system intact? Looking for pointers from the masses of experience out here. Thank you in advance.
PS, this is my Daily Driver & I tow everything...

· Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
4,235 Posts
How many miles on the truck? I had 225k miles on my LMM before I deleted it, and that was because the EGR started throwing the plugged up code. It was cheaper to delete and tune than to replace the EGR.

Personally, I don't know that I would delete again. When and if I delete this L5P it will be emissions compliant. I have a suspicion my state is not too far away from instituting vehicle inspections, so that plays into it.

If you're willing to take my advice, I say look into emissions compliant tuning for it and find out what people are experiencing. If you can live with their results, then go that route. If you don't think it will cut the mustard and you need more, then seek out the places that are still offering the delete tunes.

· Premium Member
5,299 Posts
I’d leave it stock. The hammer is coming down on this stuff and I wouldn’t want to be left swinging in the wind, down the road someday, when all the modding police get even tougher about it.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
How many miles on the truck? I had 225k miles on my LMM before I deleted it, and that was because the EGR started throwing the plugged up code. It was cheaper to delete and tune than to replace the EGR.

Personally, I don't know that I would delete again. When and if I delete this L5P it will be emissions compliant. I have a suspicion my state is not too far away from instituting vehicle inspections, so that plays into it.

If you're willing to take my advice, I say look into emissions compliant tuning for it and find out what people are experiencing. If you can live with their results, then go that route. If you don't think it will cut the mustard and you need more, then seek out the places that are still offering the delete tunes.
How do you delete a L5P and still be emissions compliant?

· Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Cooper Rugged Trek, Paragon Bed Cover
4,235 Posts
How do you delete a L5P and still be emissions compliant?
LOL. Good catch. Meant to say "When and if I TUNE". Thank you for the correction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.