Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks Im hoping to get some help here. I recently bought a duramax, Its my first one. I had a mechanic buddy look it over real quick and he informed me that it has the egr delete, arp head studs, and efi live with the dps5 switch (I knew about the efi live and switch before purchase).

My question is how can I find out exactly what tunes I have?

I can tell a difference in performance between settings, I would just like to know for sure what setting is what, if for nothing other than my piece of mind.

Please don't beat me up as Im relatively new to the duramax.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Hey folks Im hoping to get some help here. I recently bought a duramax, Its my first one. I had a mechanic buddy look it over real quick and he informed me that it has the egr delete, arp head studs, and efi live with the dps5 switch (I knew about the efi live and switch before purchase).

My question is how can I find out exactly what tunes I have?

I can tell a difference in performance between settings, I would just like to know for sure what setting is what, if for nothing other than my piece of mind.

Please don't beat me up as Im relatively new to the duramax.

Thanks in advance

Either look for an autocal, call the original owner, or call every tuner with your vin and hope they help you

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Pretty much lol other option is get new tunes

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
OP, what year is the truck, post pics what other mods?

If it runs good then who cares, but you probably got the standard stock, tow, heavy tow, street, race.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts