Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I got T-boned today on our way home from church and are going to have to get a new vehicle.
The vehicle that we were in was a 2004 Impala and I love that thing, lots of room and good gas mileage. I would like to get a newer Impala but I'm open to something else. My wife would also like to see what else is out there.
We don't want to buy brand new either. Also looking to stay somewhere in the range of $15k - $20k. I only want to spend $10k but you know how that goes
Anybody have suggestions? It's just the 2 of us so I'd like to stay with a car for the good mileage but we're looking to see what other people have and like.

I tried to tell her we could just get another Duramax but she didn't buy it :D

Thanks
Yellowchevy

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
The VW TDI cars get some sweet mileage, plus you'll have another Diesel. This is what I plan to replace my Jetta with. I'd buy Chevy if they did a good diesel car, but EPA shit has made it near impossible for diesel cars.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the misitibhi galant is a nice car, leather,nav, sun roof. teh newer ones may have touch screen.
they are a v6 car actually ahve some room in them. im 511 195lbs adn have plenty of room. there actually quite powerful.

if there is more money to spend you cant go wrong with a nissian altima 270hp v6. those things will freaking fly

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
get the cruze

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I had an 02 Impala and that thing was sweet. I wish I wouldn't have sold it and kept it as my get around car. Oh well. I would have to give another vote to the Jetta TDI. Great mileage, relatively roomy, and fairly nice design. They aren't speed demons and they aren't beautiful, but they fit the bill for the economical family car pretty well. Only downside is when they break and you have to order parts. That is $$$

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've got a 99 Mercedes E300 I'll see ya. It's a diesel!

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Never count out a Mercedes Diesel. If you take care of it to avoid rust in the "rust belt" they'll friggin go forever. :thumb

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yea I really like my Mercedes, but the wife wants a new Countryman Mini,( ok so do I) I'd like to keep the Mercedes but we dont need 6 vehicles. Yea mine is rust free!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made it back to America with the car for a funeral so we're going to go look at cars tomorrow.
At this point we're leaning towards a newer impala, maxima, or altima.

Here's a picture of what our car looks like now.

Thanks for your guys input

Yellowchevy

Attachments

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
how much for the diesel merc?? performance #'s? mpg's?

i want the new twin turbo beamer diesel... so $$$$ though lol

·
Boom goes the Dynamite
1,123 Posts
My wife picked up a mini before we got togather and it gets good mileage, and it has some peep.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah my dad's got an 08 cooper S 6spd. nice gear box. has some pep, but i get tired of drivin it...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'd let it go for $7500. It makes around 160hp and gets 26-28mpg. It's like driving a stock dmax, it's half the weight. I wont be ready to sell it till the first of the year.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Ive had two Altima's. an 09 2.5s and a '10 2.5SL. Got an average of about 28 to 30 in the city with both of them and about 32 on the hwy. Good little cars and I like the intellikey system they have. Never have to take the key out of my pocket.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I'd let it go for $7500. It makes around 160hp and gets 26-28mpg. It's like driving a stock dmax, it's half the weight. I wont be ready to sell it till the first of the year.
sounds like a very nice car :drink

·
Registered
136 Posts
If was getting a car it would a CTS V . There are several 2004-06 with around 60000 miles on ebay in the midteens. Or mabbey you dont want a car that will spank the dmax spankspank

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If was getting a car it would a CTS V . There are several 2004-06 with around 60000 miles on ebay in the midteens. Or mabbey you dont want a car that will spank the dmax spankspank
My wife wants one of those but we've only seen 2 of them and they're priced higher than we'd like.
We'll see what happens.

Yellowchevy

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Buy american thats all i got

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have a 2006 Altima that I use to drive to work every day (120 miles round trip). I keep my truck parked except for the weekends. I regularly get 30-32 MPG's out of it for a 4 cylinder and the maintenace is change the oil and go. I am about to put spark plugs, flush the tranny, flush the radiator, and new tires on it, so that will hit my wallet big, but I have been very pleased with this car. It has a good bit of room in it as well. The newer body styles are even nicer than mine.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Just get a beater for now and hold out for the mini dmax....:yeah:
In all honesty though, my mom has a 10' malibu and loves it, she got the v-6 only gets 26mpg on the freeway but it sure gets out of its own way. The 6spd trans is pretty cool too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts