Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grabbed my truck back November of 14. Ended up tossing a motor ops tune with a mbrp 3" down pipe and flo pro 4" straight out exhaust on it. In December with about 5500 miles on it. Truck is now sitting at 40k so I figured it was time for round two of mods

Been gathering everything up I wanted to throw on it now this month and have a pretty big pile of stuff now. Will be installing all this and posting pictures next week

Cognito stage 2 level (1.5")
XD 20x9 +18 addicts with 295 65 20 nitto trail grapplers
Fass 150 with fass sump
Deviant egr delete
Injen intake
Sdp driver and passenger intercooler pipes
Flo pro black 4" to 6" exhaust tip
Black window trim and black door handles that will be paint matching white to the truck since the chrome doesn't paint well
Painting the chrome on the tow mirrors white and all the chrome bumper and chrome grill and rear bumper white

Installing the trex upper grill and lower grill with 2 12" light bars. New style with all black fasteners
Trex lower grill over trans cooler opening with black fasteners
Rigid 4x3 XD dually fog led fog lights

Believe that's it. Will shoot some before and after pics. Truck will stay as is for awhile once all that goes on. End goal is once ppei cracks the vein control on the 3794 is to throw one of those on with a billet 68mm and a cp3 conversion and a sdp built trans and converter

Truck is my tow pig and daily truck (construction sites so the bed sees a lot of use and I am to lazy to climb up and down and lift everything into the bed with a big lift, so the idea was to level and fit in a good size tire in it to keep it functional and reliable and fun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would like to add Matt and Donnie have been very helpful at alligator performance and Scott at sdp. Both great vendors.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
sub'd!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Minor update already. Cancled trex lower grill (over trans cooler) decided to trim out the bumper and fit a light bar in there. Thinking a 36" like this

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Pure sexy...I'm liking it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last of everything arrived yesterday so I started the install today. Got the fass 150 installed and the beans sump. Waiting on the micro 2 fuse to come in to finish plugging the harness in and am going to trim the tank cover and fit it over the sump tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the egr tear down is done now. Installing the probe for the cts2 in the passenger manifold and then installing the new up pipe and sdp intercooler pipes and injen intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little more progress on the intercooler piping. Delete is done.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the rest of the egr delete done, intercooler pipes on today and tucked away as much as i could in the bay. wiring in the rigid fogs tomorrow and the trex grille and then throwing the intake on. after that all thats left is the cognito stage 2 and the exhaust tip will get some more pictures tommorow

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you already buy the leveling kit? Why didn't you chose the stage 4 with the steering braces? Just curious
I did. I'm not going to bring it up that high. Maybe an inch and a half just for a little more tire clearance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wrapped everything up but the rigid fogs today. Waiting for the brackets to show up they were back ordered. Will get some better pics tomorrow in the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wheel tire fitment came out just how I wanted it.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very tiny poke

Attachments

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Digging the truck, wheels and tires look great. If your planning on going with the 3794 I believe Kory has that close to being figured out. Lots of guys are running those is single and twin setups and have been making good power. The bigger vgt chargers are the ones that everyone are having problems with. Mark doesn't even recommend the 68 stage2 r anymore for these trucks. Also if you go with the 3794 I would suggest a bigger charger than a 68mm in a twin setup. I would go with a billet s475 which would be capable of 800 with the 3794 in the valley or a s480. Even with the 3794 or the a s475 over stock kit your pushing the limits of the bottom end.

Minor update already. Cancled trex lower grill (over trans cooler) decided to trim out the bumper and fit a light bar in there. Thinking a 36" like this
I think he thought the silver truck was yours;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Digging the truck, wheels and tires look great. If your planning on going with the 3794 I believe Kory has that close to being figured out. Lots of guys are running those is single and twin setups and have been making good power. The bigger vgt chargers are the ones that everyone are having problems with. Mark doesn't even recommend the 68 stage2 r anymore for these trucks. Also if you go with the 3794 I would suggest a bigger charger than a 68mm in a twin setup. I would go with a billet s475 which would be capable of 800 with the 3794 in the valley or a s480. Even with the 3794 or the a s475 over stock kit your pushing the limits of the bottom end.

I think he thought the silver truck was yours
I've been following the updates on that. I really wanted to do the 68mm 3794 but didn't want to pull the trigger until all the tables were available and bugs were worked out. Keeping an eye on it this spring and summer. Going to pull the trigger on either that or a twin set up by fall of this year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I was going to get some paintable front and rear bumpers and color match those bad boys. But my other motor in my street car is zapping truck funds right now. Lost a lifter recently in my 370 lsx motor in my vette and upon tear down what we thought was just bearings a cam and new lifters. we found out the rotating assembly got trashed.

New plan for the truck is just paint match the grill and door handles and have the front and rear bumpers vinyl wrapped with 3m gloss white. Couple friends locally own a shop who do this and will have to suffice for now. The 3m gloss white looks pretty close to factory paint aswell from what I can tell in pictures

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some more progress, got the paint matched handles, grill and headlights back. Got the trex lower grill in and fabbed in some mounts to mount in a 12" light bar. And tossed on the black factory trim. Waiting to get the bumpers back from powder coat. Decided to have the front and rear chrome bumpers powder coated instead of getting paintable bumpers and having those painted and swapped. Fogs

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts