Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the track was open....

Tune 1, 1450usec, [email protected] screwed up and turned the lockup switch to factory so I didn't get lockup until almost 100mph.

Tune 2, 1650usec, [email protected], locked up hard and shifted perfectly. Soft launch.

Tune 3, 1900usec, [email protected]!!! Truck bounced hard when the tc locked, shifted very nice, then at the 1000ft at 3800rpm it was like bouncing off a limiter. have to look at the log for that. But still pumped, would have been in the 10s if not for that.

Needless to say I am ridiculously pumped.
Evan builds a mean trans, no doubt about that.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats! On the time and wedding!

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
congrats on the times, and the wedding! Fine line juggling both!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ran again last night.

Decided to launch the ole girl and see what she would do. Made 4 passes. The 3rd and 4th passes were no good, spun bad on the third pass and got out of it, then was way down on power on the fourth pass, looks like i either cracked an injector or have some other issue. Was not holding rail pressure
[email protected] on tune 2
[email protected] on tune 3. :neener

I still have 2 more tunes to go, and #5 is a solid amount bigger than #3.:cookoo[1]:

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Ran again last night.

Decided to launch the ole girl and see what she would do. Made 4 passes. The 3rd and 4th passes were no good, spun bad on the third pass and got out of it, then was way down on power on the fourth pass, looks like i either cracked an injector or have some other issue. Was not holding rail pressure
[email protected] on tune 2
[email protected] on tune 3. :neener

I still have 2 more tunes to go, and #5 is a solid amount bigger than #3.:cookoo[1]:
Hell yeah and damn, that sucks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is unreal in an HD pickup. Congrats. 10 seconds is something many don't get to see. Most don't have any idea how fast that actually is. I can only imagine some of the kill stories you have in that beast.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is unreal in an HD pickup. Congrats. 10 seconds is something many don't get to see. Most don't have any idea how fast that actually is. I can only imagine some of the kill stories you have in that beast.
Have never raced anyone on the street. 2wd is worthless at basically any speed. Yes it will spin the tires at 100mph.

Honestly if I can keep it together I don't think 9s on fuel is entirely out of the realm of possibilities. Keeping it in one piece will be the tough part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.