Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Axle dump color

• Keep CAT yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting the build thread for my truck. Ive already done some mods so first i will be catching up on everything ive done with pictures and some stuff that i have learned to hopefully help others if they are looking to do the same mods. Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cat 1r-1807 oil filter conversion increased the oil capacity to 12qts filled with rotella t6 5w-40.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Updated engine bay picture after the wcfab parts installed, all powdercoat done in CAT yellow to match filters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Auto part Pipe

Stainless PPE downpipe with stainless woven heat blanket. Flows A LOT better noticeable even on stock tune!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Vehicle Car

Before and after of painting air box plate and support CAT yellow to add some color and clean up a little rust under the hood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wood Hardwood Roof Plywood Table Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive tire Tire Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wheel Bumper

Some pics of my bowtie receiver plug I fabricated from 2x2 box tubing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your truck looks pretty damn clean for being in Ohio. Do you drive this in the winter as well ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Headlamp Bumper Automotive lighting Vehicle

Before and after DNA Motoring headlights in the smoked shade, they are not as dark as they looked online but they do have a little smoke.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I drive it year round, it just rolled over 190k miles. The rockers are colormatched rhino liner from the body line down, I get mixed opinions on this but I like it because you dont see chips dents or scratches. There is a spot of rust from bad bodywork from previous owner on bed so the truck will eventually get new front fenders and bedsides and lose the plastic flares.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes I drive it year round, it just rolled over 190k miles. The rockers are colormatched rhino liner from the body line down, I get mixed opinions on this but I like it because you dont see chips dents or scratches. There is a spot of rust from bad bodywork from previous owner on bed so the truck will eventually get new front fenders and bedsides and lose the plastic flares.
How’s your underneath ? I’m from pa and mine is pretty decent but the crossmember above my fuel tank and the crossmember that holds spare tire were rotted

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Automotive fuel system

I did the resonator delete for $2.97 with a rubber pipe end cap from Menards until I get the wcfab turbo intake horn installed (doesn’t fit with stock egr system). Also shown is the turbo heat shield I had to convert to a two piece in order to remove it (will not come out in one piece I tried). That will be removed in favor of turbo heat blanket!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How’s your underneath ? I’m from pa and mine is pretty decent but the crossmember above my fuel tank and the crossmember that holds spare tire were rotted
Underneath is solid but has surface rust all over, that cross member will get some work when i remove the bed for bodywork and im doing a shock relocation with either single or dual bilstein 5100s, getting rid of the staggered shocks and will add t-bars to prevent wheelhop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wood Furniture Table Hardwood Grass Wall Wood Architecture Automotive exterior Door handle

Rear bumper I started building out of 12” c-channel, stopped progress due to lack of time and now i am leaning towards roll pan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Wheel

Painted the axle dump to match my powdercoating but not sure I like it, will be posting a poll to see what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Truck bed part Automotive exterior

Headache rack I built from 2” box tubing and scrap expanded metal, 6 hours total build time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Auto part Suspension Fuel line Brake

For my pcv reroute I used PPE billet crankcase breathers with o-ring seal and 5/8” heater hose from a local parts store.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.