Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought my first Duramax a 2003 LB7 with 245K miles, I knowingly bought it with bad injectors as that's one of the weak points and I had a well known diesel shop install Some Bosh reman injectors and fuel lines as well as a fass fuel pump/sump and fuel bowl delete. It hasn't smoked at idle but when I gas it, instead of black smoke it will occasionally blow white smoke for the duration that I am flooring it. It doesn't happen every time that I drive but it does happen and I don't know if it's the lighting of the day messing with my head because I will see it go from a greyish color to black. Any help would be appreciated and I don't know what the issue is and am very frustrated as I have put most of my money into this truck and don't have the money for an expensive repair at the moment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Try a few tanks of bio diesel. I had a smoking problem, tried a tank of Propel brand and no more smoke. Also, as a bonus, no more stinky smell! Ctane is a little higher and its a littler cheaper by the gallon! Im new here so don't take my word for it. But look around and ask the experienced smart people on this board.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you rulled out coolant?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Turbo seal. You're saying Raman injectors- they used new O-rings for the injectors? Could be a bad ring or improperly seated ring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts