Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back from fort worth I stopped at a red light and noticed white smoke coming out of my exhaust once the light turned green and I started going it went away. When I got home I got out and it was doing it again. Now every time I stop or it's idling it white smokes. Once or twice it won't do it but most of the time it does and it's not just a little it's alot very noticeable.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like it may be a bad injector. Can you check your ballance rates, that will tell you more. Also make sure there is no oil in your exhaust pipe, hinting to a turbo problem.

Or if you got some bad fuel that could make the smoke as well. If your ballance rates are good dump in a can of Seafoam to clean the injectors out and you should be good.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What should the balance rates be at?

·
Registered
212 Posts
+-3 at idle is the farthest out you want to see it, and thats pushing it. Ideal would be +-2 or less. Mine last I checked were within 1.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#4 on start up went to -3.56 then drove down the road and back it cleared up and #5 went to +3 it also started smoking while driving now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like you may need injectors soon. Stock injectors get pushed pretty hard with big tunes, trying to flow more fuel requires wider pulse width and that prolonged pulse over time wears on it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What exactly goes out in the injectors, get gummed up? Would I be able to just get nozzles?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts