Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a turbo back exasut on my 09 lmm, its working fine and feels stronger but white smoke is coming out of the exaust like crazy....before i had just the dpf deleted and black smoke would come out just by stepping on it. but now with the turbo back alot of white smoke is coming out just by driving regurlaly..... what can be the problem?? id really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
what is the outside temp? Mine usually does the samething burning the moisture in the exhaust

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
HMM most definetly not normal. I dont know what to tell you to check being that it is an LMM. Your injectors should be fine. Just to make sure check your balance rates using EFI or a tech II. Have you checked your coolant level lately? Just to make sure it isn't leaking coolant.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
what does the exhaust smell like? does it have a sweet smell or a fuel smell to it? it almost sounds like its trying to regen on you

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
what does the exhaust smell like? does it have a sweet smell or a fuel smell to it? it almost sounds like its trying to regen on you
This very well could be true!! I didn't think of that. If it is trying to regen you need to use you programmer again to be sure that you have regen turned off! If not and it smells sweet my thoughts are turned to headgasket but why would a truck running a 90hp tune lift a head?

Jon

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
This very well could be true!! I didn't think of that. If it is trying to regen you need to use you programmer again to be sure that you have regen turned off! If not and it smells sweet my thoughts are turned to headgasket but why would a truck running a 90hp tune lift a head?

Jon

i think it was the 09s quadzilla was having a problem with turning off the regen process if i remember correctly

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
and it took it no problem? I would call quadzilla and talk to their tech line, im pretty sure it was the 09s they were having issues with

·
Registered
532 Posts
ok im not familiar with the new motors but i saw a post like this with a lly where his EGR was stuck open. Something to think about

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok its tryin to regen then, your quadzilla didnt take the dpf delete programm for somereason
thanks bro, i already updated the quadzilla again awihle ago then tuned the truck and went out for a spin and it still did the same... il just give quadzilla a call tommorow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts