Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,459 Posts
Put these on in Jan of last year. Huge disappointment. So probably making a swap by the end of the year.

·
1,459 Posts
just curious what you don’t like?
I installed them Jan of 2019. Within a few months I could tell there was an issue with the clear coat. Talked to the dealer who contacted sota and was brushed off like it was my fault and said I didn’t clean them correctly. BS. Within the year I’ve had them the clear coat is now popping off and the company has went under. I’m pissed bc I went out and thought I was buying quality. 2 of the 4 are popping which definitely tells me it’s not my problem but a company finish problem. Picture below you can see some of it but it looks like that on the outside and inside of the lip

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
I installed them Jan of 2019. Within a few months I could tell there was an issue with the clear coat. Talked to the dealer who contacted sota and was brushed off like it was my fault and said I didn’t clean them correctly. BS. Within the year I’ve had them the clear coat is now popping off and the company has went under. I’m pissed bc I went out and thought I was buying quality. 2 of the 4 are popping which definitely tells me it’s not my problem but a company finish problem. Picture below you can see some of it but it looks like that on the outside and inside of the lip View attachment 1077914
what a shame

I thought they had all their clear coat issues resolved from a few years ago

·
1,459 Posts
what a shame

I thought they had all their clear coat issues resolved from a few years ago
Idk. But I was excited when I got them. Now 😑. They still look somewhat nice from a distance. Probably going to drop back to 20s on the new ones though. Still debating. I talked to one place on refinishing these but they didn’t seem too interested

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
5E48553A-2FE6-4EFE-8707-FDBE40120AA1.jpeg

with chrome
D9157A78-1173-477A-84D1-2522D682CC58.jpeg

and without

·
Most Known Unknown
29,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
You may be able to pull off black wheels if you replace the nerf bars with black ones, but you still have chrome bumpers. IMO chrome or black/machined wheels. At the end of the day, black trucks matter.(y)

61 - 77 of 77 Posts