Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in here done this lift kit? According to them it’s direct fit/bolt on? I have 2020 Chevy 2500 high country with plowing prep package

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would stay away from that kit unless you want to be riding a bull down the road. Either level it by dropping the rear or wait til a 4-6" lift kit comes out and run that all the way turned down. If you dont care about the ride quality and going for looks then I'd knock yourself out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would stay away from that kit unless you want to be riding a bull down the road. Either level it by dropping the rear or wait til a 4-6" lift kit comes out and run that all the way turned down. If you dont care about the ride quality and going for looks then I'd knock yourself out
I see they offer a 5”-7” lift kit And ZONEOffroad offers a 5” lift kit but I’m not looking to go that high unless I see a truck in person up that high convinces me 😅

But anyways, Is rough country product or shocks that bad?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I mean there are better products on the market in my opinion, but its just they way the vehicle is being lifting. With that kit you are just cranking up the keys to create a level look giving you terrible driveline angles that will make you ride rough. By doing a proper leveling kit all the angles should remain close to stock if not better while still lifting the vehicle. It's honestly a trade off for what you want.Depending on your budget i would go with zone over rough country. Personally i would check out CST suspension

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I mean there are better products on the market in my opinion, but its just they way the vehicle is being lifting. With that kit you are just cranking up the keys to create a level look giving you terrible driveline angles that will make you ride rough. By doing a proper leveling kit all the angles should remain close to stock if not better while still lifting the vehicle. It's honestly a trade off for what you want.Depending on your budget i would go with zone over rough country. Personally i would check out CST suspension
I didnt think the 3” lift kit they sell is about cracking up the keys 🤔 it’s a suspension lift kit so it should level all 4 corners at the same high not just the front

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-95830.html?find=2020-chevy-silverado-2500-hd-4wd-477109

·
Registered
785 Posts
I didnt think the 3” lift kit they sell is about cracking up the keys 🤔 it’s a suspension lift kit so it should level all 4 corners at the same high not just the front

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-95830.html?find=2020-chevy-silverado-2500-hd-4wd-477109
That kit comes with new keys, which will in return make the truck higher when you tighten the bolt for the keys to adjust the height. It has UCAs to help with the angle on the spindle so it wont be as sharp. There is nothing in that kit that does anything for the front differential to keep your angles the same as factory. I see it does have spacers but youll need more than that for 3". That rough Country kit is a band aid solution to raising the truck up. My advice if you do get that kit is not to install the rear block so you dont have to crank the keys so much to level.

https://cstsuspension.com/shop/gmc/4wd-gmc/2020-chevy-gmc-hd-2500-3500-4wd-gmc/csk-g23-1-2020-chevy-gmc-hd-2500-3500-4wd-4-stage-1-suspension-system/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts