Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some feedback on the Pro Comp All Terrains. How is highway noise? How do they do fully loaded? How is treadlife? How do they do in the snow?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Well I`m running them (305-55-20) and the noise is minimul and they work good loaded. Don`t know about tread life yet as only got about 10 or 12 thousand on them. They work real good in the sand and mud but don`t know about snow as you can keep that. LOL.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
285... been on since before last winter, i think around 20-25k miles and they are around half tread or less. So in my opinion the tread life is good to average, not noisy at all, and last winter they did great in the snow! We will see how they do this winter as I'm not buying new tires again until spring haha...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I had them on my 1991 Chevy in 35s and they seemd to work fine. Not ver agg. Great lite snow or dirt. Keep em aligned!!!! I only got 18k out of mine. (maybe because they were 35s idk)

·
Registered
532 Posts
i had 285s on my cummins... i got about 45k out of the set... they did great for light use & highway, but didn't care much for them in mud or snow

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm running my second set of Pro Comp's. I got almost 50K on the first set of 305's. Now I went down to the 265's and have about 10K on them. the tread life is great as long as you rotate very 5K miles. The 305's did good in the dirt and light snow. I never have had an issue with them. Good tires.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Pro Comp and confirmed these tires should be what I need. They ARE severe weather (snowflake) rated, so they should be good in the snow. They should be quiet on the highway, yet have a lot better traction offroad than these damn Michelins I have now (LTX M/S). He said most people get 60-70K out of them with proper inflation and rotation, with a few guys getting 80-90K. I’m hoping the few posts I found of people claiming 15-20K just had a problem keeping their foot off the floor or severe alignment problems.

I just ordered a set. Buy 3 get one free. Free shipping. No sales tax. $20 off using Google checkout. Ended up being $158 a tire. Can’t beat that for 10 plies.

Thank you for the feedback.

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
Where did you order them? I would buy a new set for that price!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tirepackage.com was the first one I found with the minimum price to qualify for the rebate and free shipping. 4wheelparts stores are all over and probably stock them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts