Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all i need some help..So my uncle and i have been talking all winter and its getting time to battle. What do you think my chances are against a 2007 Subaru STI. I know it runs 0-100 in around ten second but thats all. Thanks in advance:drink

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
if it runs 0-100 in ten seconds your ass in in DEEP trouble in a Duramax!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i know my friends 03 subaru imprez wrx sti is fast and i wouldnt race him..idk about the new ones tho? it would be a good race

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i re-timed his video and it actually at 11 seconds he hits 100. Hmmm any suggestions on what i will need on hp to take him?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
subscribed wanna see the outcome

·
Registered
333 Posts
out of everything iv raced only an STI has beatin me! very fast car, i had the STI out of the hole but i had no chance.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm well the winner to this will have huge bragging rights i know that much. We have been going at it back and forth non stop.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
ok so i re-timed his video and it actually at 11 seconds he hits 100. Hmmm any suggestions on what i will need on hp to take him?
Wings and a jet engine.. Nah, but you will probably womp him off the line, its that top end were he will probably blow past you

·
Registered
90 Posts
you probably need to be pushin 1000hp with all the Nitrous and propane u can throw at the engine... he weighs half as much as u do so worse case senario u can just run the car over :) Sounds like a win to me

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
My neigbor has an 04 or 05 or something hatchback style STI, and i beat him twice off the line and at the finish. He never pulled in front of me. I launched in 4hi, and he had all his power to the front.

We did 1/8 mile or so.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
i raced one about a week ago it was an 04 sti with stock turbo aftermarket intake and exhaust and tuning i beet him first round he beet me second round we both lost due to bad launches so we are gonna wait and go to the drag strip later this summer

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
its a car that weighs 5 pounds and its a turbocharged scooby your screwed.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i really dont know of his driving level....Im thinking im going to lose this one but it should be close

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know its wrong but i want one of those.
if you mean the sti dont worry it was my dream car for awhile then he got one knowing that and thats when this all started.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts