Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my 5 inch turbo back on (painted it black... but seemed to scratch most of it off putting the exhaust on :)) and loaded the quad to 90hp!!!

The truck was bone stock before this. everything went a smoothly as i expected being it was my first time attempting something like this. The instructions that mbrp provided leave something to be desired. i had to use the extra clamp it came with (dont have the long bed) because the hanger on the mid-pipe was not even close to lining up correctly, then when the hanger that attaches the tail pipe would not line up my BFH had to make an appearance. i'm not sure how i'm gonna keep this thing off the shock. i had clearance tightened it up it seemed to move after a drive. loosened it up to fix a leak moved it off the shock again we'll see if it stays put this time. i haven't really gotten on it very hard yet to allow the trans to learn the tune... but i can already feel a difference in how hard it pulls when it builds boost :)

boost and egt and ppe boost valve go on later this week when i get a little help from an experienced friend. then it should be real fun to drive :)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That seems to be the trend with the painted exhuast, cant get anything to withstand abuse. Good luck with truck

·
Registered
105 Posts
J crash do you have any pics of the painted stock exhaust? I was looking to do something different but them another member suggested I paint the stock one. Sounds like a good idea... Would like to see some pics before I start...

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J crash do you have any pics of the painted stock exhaust? I was looking to do something different but them another member suggested I paint the stock one. Sounds like a good idea... Would like to see some pics before I start...

Thanks
i painted the 5inch MBRP i bought... i'm gonna take some pics as soon as the truck gets a bath.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts