Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Because you need a 3/4 ton frame and body lift to fit the engine/transmission. Hopefully in the next couple of years they will be putting a smaller diesel in there. There may not be as great of a demand for them either. I think GM has their hands full trying to produce enough duramax's for the trucks. I wish they would put a duramax in a tahoe or yukon too though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See we went to a Jeep dealer just due to the curiosity of the Liberty having a 3.5 banger in it...it was very impresive...would be like putting one in a TrailBlazer.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, hopefully the rumor of a 4.9L Duramax coming out in the near future it true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question just came up...why did they only put the diesel's in the two door blazers and not the four...were the two doors on a heavy frame?

·
Registered
269 Posts
It seems like ford, gm and dodge are catching on to the SUV diesel thing....or at least "lighter" diesels for trucks like the f150, durango or something...

·
Registered
48 Posts
They couldnt put diesels into the smaller vehicles because of emisions..until we switch to low sulfur diesel here in the US.:peelout

·
Registered
269 Posts
They're doin it now, Jeep Liberty....I thought that v10 toureg or whatever it was called was pretty cool...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts