Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have had this ppe standard for awhile. And i got the dam thing to install about 3 months ago, then thought i was going into limp mode so i went back to stock. Well i found out i was just starving for fuel from my FPR. So i have been triing to reinstall it and it wont.

I have everything unpluged that needs to be and even took the truck back to gm for a reflash. It gets all the way to Accessing your ecm.. then...... NO COMUNNICATION.
I return it back to stock like it pulled the stock tune but wont install the new one. I have the latest update is what PPe is saying.
Can anyone HELP.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
if it wasnt on your original stock tune when the dealer reflashed it then your tuner locked...
youd have to contact ppe.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
does it communicate to pull codes? Does the cigarette lighter work? The OBDII gets its power from the cigarette lighter fuse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I might check the fuse for you cigarette light because the DTC gets its power off that, had the same issue with efi live one time because of that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i can check codes and do other dianostic checks, so it does get power. It pulls the factory tune but wont install the ppe tune. When the ppe turns on it says no tune installed. then i go to tune engine. Im just wondering if i get EFI if it would do the same thing.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
you should be able to change it with EFI.

Do you turn off all your accessories in your truck when you do it? are you sure that you are turning the key to the run position? Have you tried to call and talk to PPE? Maybe when the dealer did the reflash you werent all the way stock...dont know though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya this week im going to call ppe again and see what we can do. I have gone far enough to totally remove my alarm and any other wiring that was in there.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
If you had a tune installed while the dealer did a reflash your tuner will be useless until you send it to PPE...It can't communicate correctly because the numbers logged into the tuner get changed with a reflash so it gives a''no comm error''I was always real careful and evn left tape over my OBD2 port when I didn't want it reflashed..I have heard stories about that before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts