Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I installed my PPEI, When flooring the skinny pedal while pressing the brake it wouldn't break the tires loose. why is that?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would think its due to the traction control did you have it turned off

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I did, is it something to do with the torque management?

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Mines the same way idk what it is but she don't like spinning tires

·
Registered
323 Posts
Buddys LML was the same...it would only break them on the race tune....it seems like the rev limiter was at 1500rpm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Throttle limit in factory tune, nothings wrong with your truck
I figured it had something to do with a factory tune. My buddy (a die hard ford guy) said all the D max's at work wouldn't either and were the biggest pieces of crap, because his stock P-stroke would........ SMH!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Even with the traction control fully off it will not lay rubber from a straight push to the floor because of the "dead pedal". It will, however, do awesome brakestands. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's the torque management programmed into the computer so you don't snap a u-joint or twist your driveshaft into a corkscrew.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You turned off the traction control but did you turn off the stabilatrac system. With trac control revs limit at 1600-1700 turn the stabilitrac off by holding the trac button till it says its off then burn rubber and your brakes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Iv broke mine loose with a gooseneck with a jeep on it with out a problem when it was stock

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2015 and I have no problem with a burnout at bone stock when turning off the traction control theirs 2 things to turn off hold the button for 15sec max it should turn off traction and stablility lmk if this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2015 and I have no problem with a burnout at bone stock when turning off the traction control theirs 2 things to turn off hold the button for 15sec max it should turn off traction and stablility lmk if this helps!
When ever I turn off my traction control and then turn stability off as well within 5-15 seconds stability ALWAYS turns itself back on (traction remains off). Why is that?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I have never done a burnout in my truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
its in the computer programming then to turn back on right after if I do a burnout stop compeletly hold the trantion control till both turn off and make sure your in manuel sift not D and press the and hold the brake and floor that gas pedal and ENJOY! WORKS FOR ME EVERYTIME!

·
Registered
6 Posts
When ever I turn off my traction control and then turn stability off as well within 5-15 seconds stability ALWAYS turns itself back on (traction remains off). Why is that?
Does it turn back on sitting still, or when driving? It is programmed to automatically come back on at 35 mph (I think). It is what they had to do to pass an avoidance test at speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does it turn back on sitting still, or when driving? It is programmed to automatically come back on at 35 mph (I think). It is what they had to do to pass an avoidance test at speed.
I know that it typically turns off when I'm moving, I've never watched it sitting still. Thanks for clearing that up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts