Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am lifting my truck i did the back yesterday and started looking at the front today to get an idea going to dive in tomorrow but when i was backing it out of the garage i got a check engine light and it reved up on its own when i pushed the break in so i turned it off and turned it back on and on start up it was wierd like built up to turn on ive never heard it before it wasnt the usual chug of a dead battery we didnt touch anything electrical when doing the back just put in new leafs and shocks any ideas???

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
So it is having problems cranking?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I've allways had a problem with the batteries but it's never had a check engine light or reved up like that and never did that wierd build up thing my truck has been sitting at a wierd angle for a few days in the rain would that do anything?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can do that with a cts? And what's a cel? Sorry not very good at electronic stuff makes no sense to me lol

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
I am pretty sure the edge will read code that cause a CHECK ENGINGE LIGHT (CEL)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha cel didn't put that together in my head but it is plugged into my obd2 so it would make sence that it could

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
It is a scanner as well. Taken from their web site
Scan Tool
Capture and record even more information about the vehicle’s performance with the Insight’s scan tool feature.
• Displays and clears diagnostic trouble codes with full text description*
• Displays peak values such as speed and RPM*
• Performance testing: 0-60 and quarter-mile times

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Yes, go to the diagnostic menu.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man you guys are the best thanks so much

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I looked at my cts my dcts are fuel rail pressure sensor performance dct p0191 and p0571 break switch a circuit

I nocited today when I started it up it was smoking really bad my frp is running around 5.6

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Be sure you have the under body ground wire attached and good connection. It should be under the driver's area at the frame.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
^ good idea to check that. I'm not sure why you'd take it off to put in the lift, but it could just be a coincidence. Mine never stays tight for more then a few days, then it loosens itself back up. I always notice it getting loose when I can hear it start squeeking when the cab flexes a little on the frame. Could have worked itself loose and cause some weird electrical stuff... mine has one just under the drivers door and one just under the passengers door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts