Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched and can't find an answer to this. I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 with a FASS 150 system on it. During the last month I have had the WIF light flash on and off on my dash more and more. It seems to go away when the truck warms up but it is more common to see it on every day now.

The biggest question I have is with the FASS install the previous owner removed the stock fuel filter, so there is no sensor even hooked up. I tried to run a heat gun on the connector that is hanging off the block and that did not make the light go away. Any idea on why this light would be on with the sensor not even on the truck?

Thanks in advance for the help on this one, it has been driving me crazy how to fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Light still comes on...no clue why it comes on when the sensor isn't even hooked up. Any help here guys?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
you've answered your own question.
Not really Kevin.....mine isn't on the truck at all and I've never popped a CEL for it.

I've heard of a couple other trucks that do it and others that don't.....just one of those things you got to deal with or reinstall the oem filter head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly this has been out of the truck for some time, and just now is coming on. The worst thing about it is it flashes on and off with no real reasoning. Right now it does seem that on warm days it doesn't stay on long, but that doesn't make sense.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Exactly this has been out of the truck for some time, and just now is coming on. The worst thing about it is it flashes on and off with no real reasoning. Right now it does seem that on warm days it doesn't stay on long, but that doesn't make sense.
Might get some electronics cleaner and locate the end of the plug and clean it out real good.....he might have wrapped the end of it and got some water it and its making the connection to itself.....or melted wires...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts