Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to change my fuel filter just now. Can't do it due to to big a filter. Dang wrench wont fit around the one on the truck. Anyways, the WIF sensor is suppose to have two wires coming out of it to the connector on the valve cover. Mine does not. Is this a big deal? Must I replace this soon? Thank you,

Mav

·
Registered
132 Posts
i bought a jaws type wrench w/ a short handle at the local auto zone that works great for getting the fuel filter off in the tight space. not sure what year truck u have, but my 01, and my dad's 02 both have the wires coming from the wif sensor that screws into the bottom of the fuel filter. there is a clip connection that you take off so you can remove filter and sensor as one.

·
Vendor
332 Posts
The wires have likely broken off, common thing to happen over time. Those wires take alot of abuse from gorilla methods of changing filter.

A good WIF Sensor wrench will help keep your new sensor in excellent shape for a real long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts