Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was trying to be slick and quickly change my fuel filter since it has needed to be changed for a couple months now and ive been neglecting it. well i took my lunch break and went to do it. i pulled the rubber part out of my wif fuel sensor by accident. will the truck still be ok to drive without it for a bit? or should i just go buy one and put it on? the truck seemed to still run fine but the water in fuel message popped up on my display immedietly

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats good to know i dont really feel like changing it and watching more diesel spill on the ground. ill prolly fix it this weekend as long as its not leaking

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
wont it throw the light on if you delete the wif?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
ok so i was trying to be slick and quickly change my fuel filter since it has needed to be changed for a couple months now and ive been neglecting it. well i took my lunch break and went to do it. i pulled the rubber part out of my wif fuel sensor by accident. will the truck still be ok to drive without it for a bit? or should i just go buy one and put it on? the truck seemed to still run fine but the water in fuel message popped up on my display immedietly
I've got one if you want it..

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wont it throw the light on if you delete the wif?
Nah it doesn't throw a cel everytime I crank my truck the display shows water in fuel but no different on drivability

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i think now i might be running into a problem from me pulling the sensor out but im unsure. my first cranks in the morning and in the night( since i only drive my truck twice a day now) keep getting longer and longer. before it would only take a few turns and it would fire right up but now it feels like im trying to start up a damn f250 in the morning. the driveability is unaffected as far as i can tell but do yall think me pulling out the sensor parts is causing a tiny tiny air leak?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump for some anwsers to my ?s :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is the drain plug on the WIF sensor tight? It could be leaking air there or around the rubber seal at the filter. Also it could just be sucking air by the primer. I ended up changing out the filter head to fix the no or long start problem.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well found out tonight drivability is affected, went to play around to show off to a friend at work and when I floor it it starts to pull hard then dies off and my fuel pressure drops like crazy like I'm draining my rails but the only thing I've changed is the fuel filter so has to be correlated. Thoughts? Oh and i think it's tigh but could be wrong and the rubber part of the wif sensor is not in tight either because it just popped out and I pushed it back in

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got it fixed the broken wif sensor was the problem it was letting air in new sensor and all my power is back, now I think I need tires oops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts