Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
water in fuel sensor..that means u have water in your fuel and your injectors could get ruined pretty fast

·
Registered
712 Posts
Does the truck crank and not start or it just won't crank? Any Codes?

Assuming it cranks, did you try to prime the fuel system?

If you suspect you last fill of fuel may have water in it, maybe you could drain the WIF using the valve on it and see if you have water running out.

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would try priming the fuel system, maybe you just did not get all the air out when you previously changed the filter. However, if it starts after priming and then later won't start again or stay running, then you may have a fuel system leak. If that is the case, I would pressurize the fuel tank with ~ 5 PSIG of air. Then look along the fuel lines, by the filter housing, etc. for the leak. If you do not find a leak, then maybe you just need a new filter. If replacing the filter and priming gets it started, then maybe you did get a load of bad fuel. You may have to drain the fuel tank, if a new filter plugs back up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
wif will cause it not to start my buddies 01 got that after goin through a carwash he cleared the code and it's good as new now

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I have not had a WIF sensor for quite q while now,no problems..Now,will the truck not start or give you a wif light in enough time to prevent damage is the question?

·
Registered
125 Posts
how would you pressurize the fuel tank with ~ 5 PSIG of air?

·
Registered
145 Posts
they make a cap that screws on with a pump you can just presurize it that way but there may be a cheaper way i'm not sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts