Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just changed my filter and noticed one of the wires broke by the time i was don they were both broke off the wif. Can i run it like this ? it it a big deal? where can i get a new one?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
you don't need one. i'd get a WIF plug or just run the busted one. it's been debated upon whether it actually does anything or not

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Lots of people run with no WIF with no problem. Its up to you really. If you dont have a problem running without it I'd get a WIF plug and just tape up the wires. If you want to run it you should be able to splice them back together..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
t doesnt even work. dont worry at all

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
It will not throw a CEL or store a code, if it is not connected.

I have never heard of one working when they had water in the filter anyway. The filter would have to be half full of water, to close the reed contacts, for the light to come on. Probably would quit running long before that happened.

Just get a aluminum plug, available from several vendors.

·
Registered
619 Posts
When I changed the filter about two yrs. ago I twisted the wires off to.bene runnin with out it since.All it is is a senser for water in the fuel.I have never seen a code thrown since I guit using it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
wif plug around 30 bucks

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Mine tells me that I have water in my fuel alot because the little float that floats on the water(if there ever is any) is always getting jammed up. IMO they should have left it as a solid bottom filter so it doesn't dump out of two ends everytime you remove a filter..it's afaik of a design to say the least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts