Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Tire size 285/75 17 fit on stock rims (stock tires are 265/70 17)? I think they can but not sure of stock rim width.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
They will fit on the rims ok but you will need to do a levelling kit or a lift to get them to fit in the front without major rubbing issues on new body style trucks. I have 285/70/17 with a 2 inch levelling kit and they still rub a little on the front flaps.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
they will fit,but just like he said you will have some slight rubbing..mostly on the front lower valance though,I removed mine for the Ranch Hand but they are easy to trim with a jigsaw or dremel tool...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they will fit,but just like he said you will have some slight rubbing..mostly on the front lower valance though,I removed mine for the Ranch Hand but they are easy to trim with a jigsaw or dremel tool...
Will they rub only when turning sharp, or all the time?

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Will they rub only when turning sharp, or all the time?
Mostly when backing AND turning sharp!!if you dig in the threads a while you will see some trucks running this size and also how the owner's trimmed what was rubbing..:drink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts