Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in my new 8 lug diesel magazine and it said that the leveling kit(torsion key)for my truck can handle 35" tires? IS this true all i have seen is 33's. I have the firestone air bag helper springs in the rear so it lifts to rear 3-4inches and i am going to put the torsion keys in to lift the front. Will 35's fit with a 20" wheel??Please email me with reply's I can check my email throughout the day I can only look at the everyother day. Thanks

[email protected]

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site,yes the 35's will work with leveling kit but will rub some on the plastic part of the bumper and the inner fender so with a little trimming your good to go but it is best to have atleast a 2" lift for it to work with out any trimming...

·
Registered
47 Posts
what about with the offset wheels?? they are 20". I havent bought them yet but they will be 20's
I can tellyou from my two trucks that the biggest tire i got under my trucks were 33" tall on 20" rims With the oru leveling kit and some trimming, and they still rubbed around town. Doing this also weakens the already weak front end causing premature wear of tierods and idler arms and everything else in the srteering. So my advice to you would be inless the truck is stock horse power and you dont drive it to hard run 33" tires they look great. But we have a truck in town with a 6" lift and 36" tires and a fully upgraded steering system witch looks and handles great.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You could probably pull it off but it is going to be tight and when I say tight I mean fender rub everytime you turn. You will have to crank the torsion bars up all the way which after about 20min. of driving will make you want to hurl. I have a 6in. Fabtech with 20x9 KMC's with 4.5 backspace on 35x13.50 Mickey ATZ's and they still rub at full lock. If I were you I would do the twenties with some 33's.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i just put some 315-75R16(35-12.00R16)on a 04 2500HD GMC with the LB7 and all he did was a leveling kit and moved the bumper forward an inch and no rubbing but i would go with the 33's for myself but thats up to you..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts