Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im pretty sure i got my truck sold I'm going to look at a 2012 dually today after work, i no im going to put 24" American force independence wheels on it :D but can't decide what tire to go with! I'm pretty sure i could fit 37s on it but i can get 38" trail grapplers for way cheaper, do you guys think they will fit without running to bad? My buddys duramax has 38s on his 6"lift but he has done some body work on the front fenders, do what do yall think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
It would be a tight fit for sure...are you planning on running dual 38s in the rear? If so, post a pic of that 'cause I bet it would look sweet! :)

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'd look into the 10-12" kit. pretty sure they make it for the LML
I can't find any thing that big four the lml. I found a 7.5" lift that rcx makes, that's the biggest I've found

It would be a tight fit for sure...are you planning on running dual 38s in the rear? If so, post a pic of that 'cause I bet it would look sweet! :)
Lol yes sir i plan on it:D

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I got 35's jus crankin a little so id say go for it. If u want pics, let me know cause i got plenty!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i called them they have a 10 inch kit but dang it starts at 5k lol

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha that ain't no lie he sent me some pictures of a truck that mine would look exactly like, it looks so sick

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when my kit was actually lifted, 37s looked like they would fit no problem

i dont think an extra .5" x2 would make a big deal

with trimming of course!
What kind of lift did you have, got any pics?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
my bad, its a 7.5" rough country, and if you install it to their specs and keep it at the correct ride height it will work out just fine!

i wanted less fender gap and straighter angles so i lowered mine a good 2-2.5"

and im just kidding about calling it the bastard child of LML lifts, its just you have to watch the bds and cognito guys

no offense guys :)

id say get like an 8-10" lift to be able to lower the torsion bars and get straighter angles!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
my bad, its a 7.5" rough country, and if you install it to their specs and keep it at the correct ride height it will work out just fine!

i wanted less fender gap and straighter angles so i lowered mine a good 2-2.5"

and im just kidding about calling it the bastard child of LML lifts, its just you have to watch the bds and cognito guys

no offense guys :)

id say get like an 8-10" lift to be able to lower the torsion bars and get straighter angles!!
That's good advice! With 38s, you are going to want the most level CV angles you can get.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got the bastard child of LML lifts

the cognito and bds guys are afraid to say it, so i did ;)

i'll post a few that i got, when it was lifted up (its a lowered lift now)
Lol so you had the rough country 7.5 inch lift with 35s?

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
no,
have one still on the same 35s

but when it was lifted at the ride height suggested by rough country, i had sooo much room

i just never wanted bigger tires because i didnt want to regear, not that its required but it does make it easier! and its not like tires are cheap!!!!!!!
i

though it would look bad ass!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts