Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like title says i am thinking about adding a turn down exhaust tip before the axle...anybody know if it adds more drone or not? or how a 5" exit sounds?

·
Registered
581 Posts
nah it wont i had mine like that and it just made it like higher pitch put dual stacks on it and it'll sound nice and deep if you do 6s or better

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cmon people!! its going ot be 5" dumped before or after muffler i cant decide itll be with a turndown tip

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have a 5" turn out tip behind the rear wheel and it makes a little drone noise. But the noise it makes I love to hear!!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
if you want to know just pull off the tail pipe and muffler if you have one installed. it rumbles loud with it ending under the bed.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so right before the rear wheel?? like where the muffler ends??

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you want to know just pull off the tail pipe and muffler if you have one installed. it rumbles loud with it ending under the bed.
does it sound awesome?? well i dont drive on highway often..but when i do its towing the camper and iw as curious how much drone it does have

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
do what i said and decide yourself.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok maybe ill try it this week...if the exhaust parts even come apart
stupid clamps on the mbrp!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
mine comes apart just fine. and yes just pull the tail pipe and muffler off.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really???mine was stuck but i guess it coulda been because it was winter time? but idk i will try it tomorrow and take it off and see what it sounds like

·
Registered
315 Posts
i have mine kinda stops right under the front of the bed, i took off my exhaust and am too lazy to put it back on haha, it sounds pretty good right there, lots of turbo whistle. but it tends to drone pretty bad around 45-50

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im thinking to have it for when im driving..and then change it back to normal when towing

·
Registered
532 Posts
you have a longer truck then most so it should be quieter. I kno when i took my stack off for a couple days and had the exhaust dumping right behind the cab its was super annoying. It makes a nasty rattling sound and drones worse than the the stack does. and i run a 4inch

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm idk..drone doesnt bother me im only 18 lol
and if i dont like it i wont waste my money on a turn down pipe then

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tip should be here today or tomorrow. cant wait to try it!!

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
im gonna try to run my 5" straight pipe before rear tire today, Ive wanted to do that for so long but ive had wheel to wheel step bars forever and now that i have the AMP step bars theres room now!!!:rockin:rockin

1 - 20 of 115 Posts