Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to sound dumb but I read in another thread (which I cant find now) that somebody had 4.5kpsi at idle before they installed a lift pump. After installing a lift pump they were getting 8kpsi. Sounds odd to me but it got me to search for the answer and I haven't found one. The reason I ask is I have an Airdog lift pump installed and I have 4.5kpsi at idle. I can hear the pump running if I stick my head under the truck but I am concerned that I may not be getting the appropriate pressure out of it.

I am planning on a lift pump pressure gauge soon, just haven't decided how to go about it yet.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Duramax lift pumps usually run around 8-10 PSI & is pre-set for your application when you get it. No the lift pump will not effect rail pressure in regards to a higher rail pressure at idle. The air dog 4G you have is a quiet unit. I can barely hear mine as well. If you're that concerned about it you can always install a pressure gauge to verify pressures.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
4.5kpsi at idle is correct. If someone was running 8kpsi it was because the lift pump pressure was to high.

Reactions: E92FF

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks for the peace of mind!

A pressure gauge of some sort will be added in the next month. I will probably go with the Edge set up since I have an insight CTS. I just need to come to terms with the ridiculous price of their accessory harness first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts