Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going home this weekend to denver for the hooters meet and my friend is coming home from school also. He has an srt-4 neon with just an exhaust and intake. I have an 04 lb7 with a 5 inch turbo back and my stealth 2 is in the mail and should be here by thursday. And on friday hopefully killorado will help me do the intake horn mod. If I run the 90hp tune will i be able to beat him or keep up with him? he is talking a lot of crap lol. And to any of you guys who will be at the meet friday he might tag along so feel free to race him and destroy him :D

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
4 wheel drive does wonders. he wont take you i have ran a srt-4 and a lexus is-300 and they both lost

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but even with my small # of mods?? and is a 4wd launch safe without sleeves i dont have a whole lot of power so i figure i wont break anything lol

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You could always just not race them...lol

·
USMC
795 Posts
Its his first turbo and he thinks he's a bada$$. Let him talk, then line em up.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I ran on my 135 tune and launched in 4x4 several times last year. Just never ran her up through 4-5gear.

I just got the sleeves in the mail; its nice if you have them but wont kill the truck if you dont.

·
Registered
196 Posts
depends on if he can drive it or not and come to cheyenne i know of a really fast srt that will beat him very bad

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah i think you should win srt's are turds

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
You should be able to beat him. Just do not build boost in 4wd, unless you feel like breaking things "tie-rods".

Oh and tell your friend that Neon's are for girls:drink

Silly boy's SRT'S are for girls :rof:rof:rof

Or buy him a pretty Rainbow sticker for the rear bumper:drink

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ask him if he found it in a cracker jack box, that should spice things up a bit. lol

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
my buddy with an srt-4 with a stage 1 kit was running 13.9s
it was pretty close between us when i had ppe 220
but no with efi he doesnt even come close

·
USMC
795 Posts
SRT's are def girl cars. Unless you're gay. My buddy Timmy from socal has an SRT. He is gay so its ok. He thought his was fast as well, until my Grand Prix GXP tore him up. Get your buddy the sticker.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
srt's are dumb. Theres a couple that run around here and they cant keep up with me at all.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
rock his world and shut him up. like others said, don't boost in 4x4 and you will smoke him.

·
USMC
795 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
No...basically no difference. That was my point!

·
USMC
795 Posts
They are very much alike, though not the same

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol i know we all make fun of him so much for it it is yellow lol with yellow wheels hahahahahahaha. :rof

So just do a 2 wheel drive launch with boost? and i know i am supposed to run a 90 tune with a stock tranny but will it kill the truck to turn it up for a run or two?? I am getting a stealth 2 and think the highest hp setting is 135....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts