Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 LMM with less than 50k and i was wondering if i took the muffler off and just put a cat back system on it will it void my warranty:drink

·
Registered
54 Posts
no it should not but you shouldnt put a cat back on, you can only go from the dpf back so your better off eliminating restriction and just voiding the warranty and getting a dpf delete kit

·
Registered
712 Posts
If he deletes the DPF, then he has to add a tuner to preclude the DPF related codes. Then, any remaining warranty would be at risk.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
No..........you can put whatever muffler you like..
It is when removing cat that will be an issue,my dealer thought it was neat they way i welded in a 3.5 piece of pipe to delete the cat.........but all dealers don't share the gear heads enthusiasm for diesel performance...You just have to feel them out to see what flies and what won't.....

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
If he deletes the DPF, then he has to add a tuner to preclude the DPF related codes. Then, any remaining warranty would be at risk.
he said muffler off.....cat back........
Agreed concerning DPF though you are correct!:drink

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eventually once i roll over 100k or 5 years rolls by, ill go to town on mods. i just want the most mods right now that will still keep me in warranty....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm the same way, I want to do a DPF delete, but don't want to void the warranty... If I do the DPF delete now and the tranny goes haywire next year I'll be one angry white boy!! I'll wait until I'm out of the warranty (Or at least very close)...

·
Registered
50 Posts
me too, I ordered the quad stealth 2 and turbo back exhaust, but now I am iffy about it. I would hate to put it on and then have the tranny bite the dust or the injector pump go out.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Removing the muffler only will help a little with cooler egt temps.
That is how I started with my mods, buy removing only the muffler, and there was a difference with cooler egts, and shorter regens.
Before removing the muffle the regens would last 25-30 minutes, after the regens never lasted more than 10 minutes.
Less back pressure you can see the exhaust flow in my picture. (some will argue this)
And the answer to your ? is NO by just removing only the muffler that will not void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Or, you can save all your parts. If you ever have a warranty issue you can put back on. Like most do.

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,448 Posts
I removed my muffler and installed the MBRP DPF back exhaust and got 2 mpg more plus it looks so much better! Like DRC stated the Regens are shorter and it seems not as often.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I put a dpf back exhaust on with no muffler and I would agree that regens do seem to be a tad bit shorter, plus if I ever grow balls enough to void my warrenty, all I have to do is put in a dpf delete pipe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So by just going with a dpf back exhaust on my truck it wont void my warranty??? oh, and who wants to sell me their dpf

·
Registered
673 Posts
Any of you guys with lifted trucks ever have any issues with warranty claims on the driveline, like the dealer claiming that you changed the geometry of the driveline and not offering warranty on any driveline items that may have failed? I have had a GM gasser for 14 years and usually got new trucks every 2-3 years due to the mileage I put on them so they were mostly stock except for exhausts, intakes and a bully dog tunner on. Waiting for my new to me 08 Dmax to arrive it has warranty left and I want to lift it along with other mods, just want to be as concious as I can about warranty for a while. Not to Hijack jjjranch but i noticed yours was lifted and you seem concerned about warranty so I was wondering if anyone had issues with the lifted trucks and warranty claims being denied.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had no problems with the lift voiding my warranty..i just take it in with no questions asked....its off now and looking for a home....6 inch procomp....ill even throw in 35s nitto terra grapplers and 18 inch XD series wheels:rockin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why did you take out the lift. Id probably buy it off ya but your alittle far away haha. I did the mbrp cool duel dpf back exhaust and it doesnt void warranty but like said above very minimal gains in performance, very minimal. just looks mostly

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a newbee here and I just bought an 07.5 Chevy 2500HD DMAX and I am wondering about the Diablo Predator Programmer. Is it a good purchase for the $$'s if I'm not looking to go nuts?? Also, if you plug in a programmer and reset it back to factory before bringing it in for warranty, can the dealer tell it was programmed??
Thanks~

·
Registered
6 Posts
im in the same boat i just found an 08 w/ 13k on it that id like to buy and if u just did the exhaust from dpf will it get any better sound out of it? id probably talk to my dealer to see if i could just strait pipe it and see what theyd say i know about half the guys at the dealer but i love the sounds of the strait pipe

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am a newbee here and I just bought an 07.5 Chevy 2500HD DMAX and I am wondering about the Diablo Predator Programmer. Is it a good purchase for the $$'s if I'm not looking to go nuts?? Also, if you plug in a programmer and reset it back to factory before bringing it in for warranty, can the dealer tell it was programmed??
Thanks~
The dealer can check back in the ecm to see the last 10 (i believe ) times it was programmed.

So they will know it was programmed by the diff hp and stuff on the ecm.

Welcome to the board.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts