Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:OK my Duramax started and shut off after a few seconds like 10 seconds. It turns over but wont start. My batteries are original it's an 04 GMC Sierra. Batteries? fuel filter? glowplugs? any ideas?

· Premium Member
11,168 Posts
Check the primer button on the top of the fuel filter. Push it until it gets hard and then try again. Hopefully it just lost prime

· Premium Member
150 Posts
i had that happen to me during the winter months a few times, like johnasara said, i just primed mine like 25 times then it ran fine. never found the root cause of it, it kinda just fixed itself lol.

· Rode the Short Bus
3,924 Posts
I think GM installs gremlins in these trucks. Strange things like loosing prime and finally maintaining the prime happen sometimes.

It seems very strange, but I see this in the power plants a lot too, things are going to crap, and then suddenly the problem(s) goes away.

My truck had/has a PS fluid leak. I think I pinpointed the leak. I was adding fluid every few days. I checked it last night, and the level has stayed right about the same, if any losses. The leak may have just slowed dramatically.

If it keeps happening, you may have a crack in the housing or small nick in the o-ring. These things can sometimes change with temperature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.