Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the FASS system help the longevity of a CP4 by keeping positive pressure from fuel starvation and clear contaminants that can cause failures? No tune no delete. Seeing folks with stock trucks get grenaded by sh*t fuel and overdue filter changes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Yes it does help but the cp4 is still a ticking bomb

·
Registered
364 Posts
Who can say a failure would never happen with a lift pump installed... But the fact of the matter is that a lift pump will be beneficial regardless.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Yep heard a lot of stories about the cp4 like mentioned in posts above. I think Fleece makes a cp4 to cp3 conversion kit.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep heard a lot of stories about the cp4 like mentioned in posts above. I think Fleece makes a cp4 to cp3 conversion kit.

I believe a delete is needed to accomplish this. I am holding off another year. By then I'll have 80,000 on the truck and close enough to allow my warranty to expire and not feel bad about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Not limited to the FASS ether. AirDog or otherwise, simply asking about the added pressure and filtration.
There are cheaper alternatives, but yes and yes, plus another yes for added lubricity to the mix. The SCAR rating is too high, per Bosch, it needs help. Mixing in some gasoline here and there, doesn't help either.

http://dieselfuellube.com/downloads/Opti-LubeGasInDieselTest.pdf

I know the CP3 will pull thru 3 filters, not sure on the CP4. But the added positive pressure allows you to easily run inexpensive filter heads for added filtration/water removal, plus you all but eliminate aerated fuel from sucking air at different points as the fuel system ages.

Water, air, particulates 4µm and larger...all removed, plus lubricity added. I would think you've covered all bases with premature abrasive wear.

·
Premium Member
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are cheaper alternatives, but yes and yes, plus another yes for added lubricity to the mix. The SCAR rating is too high, per Bosch, it needs help. Mixing in some gasoline here and there, doesn't help either.

http://dieselfuellube.com/downloads/Opti-LubeGasInDieselTest.pdf

I know the CP3 will pull thru 3 filters, not sure on the CP4. But the added positive pressure allows you to easily run inexpensive filter heads for added filtration/water removal, plus you all but eliminate aerated fuel from sucking air at different points as the fuel system ages.

Water, air, particulates 4µm and larger...all removed, plus lubricity added. I would think you've covered all bases with premature abrasive wear.
Good information here, I appreciate the posted link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts